May 2012 Weddings

when to give shower hostess gift?

When are you ladies giving your shower hostess their gift? I was thinking about mailing it afterwards as my Mom, BMs and FMIL are all hosting and all live about 3 hours away. However someone posted they're giving candles as their hostess gift and I LOVE that idea! I don't want to mail candles since they're crazy heavy and breakable. Would it be okay to quietly give them their gifts at the end of the shower?

May '12 Nesties
March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
MARRIED!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: when to give shower hostess gift?

• Hmm, I've been thinking a lot of shower gifts today too! I havent decided on what I'm going to give my BMs/Moms yet, but I'm thinking that I'll give them to them at the end of the shower. I'm assuming that they'll be the last ones to leave in case there is any clean up that needs to be done so I think its safe to give the gifts then, without other guests watching you give them out.
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • I surprised my hostess with a flower arrangement delivery the Monday after the shower - she loved it! She said she doesn't get surprises much anymore and that it was a real treat.

In your case, I think at the end of the shower is fine. I would be nervous about mailing candles also.
    Anniversary
  • I gave my mom her gift before the shower, and will probably do so for FI's mom, aunt, and FSIL.
  • I'll either give them their gifts before the shower (assuming I get there earlier than everyone else) or after the shower!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll do it at home before the shower.  I don't want to make a big deal/show about it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I would say bring it with you to the shower and give it to them after. My shower hostess gifts will not be given at the shower because its a freaking surprise (yes I am still upset about this).
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG I hadn't even thought about shower hostess gifts. What so people usually give? It's my bridesmaids and mom so I guess I had thought that would all be rolled into their gift I'll give them at the rehersal dinner. What are you ladies thinking of giving? 
    Anniversary
  • My mom is hosting mine so I was going to arrange for her to get flowers delivered the next day.
    Anniversary
  • For my first shower, I gave them at the end of the shower in front of everyone when I thanked everyone for coming and them for hosting it.  Maybe I should have done it more discreetly? 
    My next one is on Saturday morning.  I think I'll give it to them after the shower. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_when-to-give-shower-hostess-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:99e1e09f-98b4-49fb-87a4-6b7d4656f8b8Post:95f1a331-6cfa-423a-a787-26fe72889464">Re: when to give shower hostess gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For my first shower, I gave them at the end of the shower in front of everyone when I thanked everyone for coming and them for hosting it.  Maybe I should have done it more discreetly?  My next one is on Saturday morning.  I think I'll give it to them after the shower. 
    Posted by kimberlykh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>What are you giving as your hostess gift?</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards