May 2012 Weddings
Options

drinks question (amount)

For my reception we have to supply the drinks. We are doing 2 kegs and some mixers for the alcohol.

Our hall is supplying water, iced tea, lemonade, and coffee. So for the non-alcoholic drinks we are supplying pop/soda

I was thinking 1 two liter bottle/guests but my dad said that since we have so much other drinks, we should do .5 a bottle per guest. so if we have 160 guests, 80 bottles of pop.

What do you ladies think?  TIA!

Re: drinks question (amount)

• Options
    hmmm...I think I would stick to at least 1 per person... some people may not drink at all and will only drink soda. and if there are any "under 21-ers" drinking wont be an option for them either...just a suggestion
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MOST ppl are over 21...we have maybe 30 ppl who are under 21. and we have appx 160-170 ppl coming... 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_drinks-question-amount?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:9bafeb42-d5fd-4851-b1aa-6dff1162c929Post:a1eaa64d-3454-48b2-9c8a-53e6cbb51165">Re: drinks question (amount)</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmmm...I think I would stick to at least 1 per person... some people may not drink at all and will only drink soda. and if there are any "under 21-ers" drinking wont be an option for them either... just a suggestion
    Posted by S0095042[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our venue has drinks on hand but the way we are setting things up we have a set amount of drinks before it goes to cash bar. We figured most people will drink sodas than alcohol. They are just cans so we have 3 "flavors" and 100 of each for 150 guests.We do have kids so I know that may be the only thing they drink. And then if we run out of alcohol I know some people may not want to pay for drinks.

I would go with 1 bottle/person I know when I go to a wedding usually I don't drink alcohol. Some people may also be like that so they may drink just sodas. Plus it's always better to have too much than not enough.
  • Options
    I agree with your dad.  Actually, Iced tea, water, lemonade and coffee are plenty of non-alcoholic options in my opinion.  But maybe people just drink more sweet tea down here in the south.

2 liters per person would be way too much I would think...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with Riviera - there are plenty of other non-alcoholic drinks for people to choose from.  It may just be me, but I would NEVER be able to have a whole 2 liters of soda, I'd be so bloated from all the carbination.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards