May 2012 Weddings

Rant (Second-guessing nearly every detail)

I don't really know how to start this post, so I'll just dive right in.

I've been second-guessing every single detail about the wedding (except the groom, which is a good thing). My dress, the venue, the "style," the caterer, the photographer, the bridesmaid dresses, etc....

I'm an extremely indecisive person, and I tend to narrow everything down to two options and just pick one (well, really, I have someone else pick it). So naturally, I wonder if I should have done the other.

I feel like was I was pressured into making my dress decision earlier than I would have liked (my mom was getting annoyed while dress shopping -- def not the emotion I was expecting, I thought she'd be way more excited to look at gowns with me). We decided to do the wedding in Milwaukee instead of Chicago (where I'm from) because of the expense -- yet it's still going to be way more than it was "supposed to be." And now I'm starting to think maybe we should have just done a destination wedding at Napa valley. I keep seeing gorgeous pictures from weddings out there, and I'm so jealous. Our space has no outdoor area, which was high on my wishlist. I keep looking at the "other" photographer's blog (the one we didn't pick), which then just gets me angry and frustrated.

Sorry, I just needed to vent about this. My FI is getting annoyed at how negative I'm being about it all. I just thought I'd post, because maybe there's someone else who's going through the same thoughts ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards