May 2012 Weddings

favor issue

So we planned on having a dessert table with desserts from the places we are "from". Like Italian cookies because FI is Italian, a Norweigan wedding cake because I'm Norweigan, ect. Well we were also going to have these apple pie on a stick that is shaped like the state of Minnesota, because that is where I am from. We are expecting about 300 people at the wedding, so I ordered 5 dozen of those pie things since they are kind of expensive.
Well, I found out today from the wedding coordinator from our venue that we can't bring in a candy table unless we buy it from them (even though I swear when we originally talked to them about the venue they said we could have one). So now I don't know what to do about the 5 dozen pies on a stick that we already paid for :/ We can bring treats in if we make them into favors on every table, but I didn't buy enough so far to do that, and it might be expensive.
What do you guys think I should do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: favor issue

• My only other idea would be to use them as part of a "welcome basket" for out of towners, since we weren't going to do that for budgeting reasons.
    I thought maybe the pic, a little book of "ole and lena" jokes (a minnesota thing), and then a note from me and the fiance would be nice?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_favor-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a0378c73-5947-4efc-86dc-b9ffc1309540Post:1c64827b-522a-4373-b39e-e168d42ced5b">Re: favor issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only other idea would be to <strong>use them as part of a "welcome basket" for out of towners</strong>, since we weren't going to do that for budgeting reasons. I thought maybe the pic, a little book of "ole and lena" jokes (a minnesota thing), and then a note from me and the fiance would be nice?
    Posted by norweigan[/QUOTE]

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Lucida Sans" size="3" color="#000000">This is what I was going to say too.</font></p>
  • I was thinking OOT bags too!
  • Ask the venue if you can sign a food waiver.....the reason they say this is because if anyone gets sick they are liable. My venue told me the same thing when I made a fuss they told me I could sign a waiver and then bring my own items in.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_favor-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a0378c73-5947-4efc-86dc-b9ffc1309540Post:aa887183-75b0-48bd-87ae-cf08c4442fbd">Re: favor issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ask the venue if you can sign a food waiver.....the reason they say this is because if anyone gets sick they are liable. My venue told me the same thing when I made a fuss they told me I could sign a waiver and then bring my own items in.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

This.  Also, do you have it in writing anywhere, even your own notes from when you first interviewed them, that you could do a table?  If you're sure they told you it was ok I would fight it, especially since you already spent money on it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards