May 2012 Weddings
Options

My Wedding has practically been DESTROYED!

Ugh. I cant take much more of it gals. I am seriously considering just cancelling everything and trying to get my money back.

3 months to the day im supposed to wed, 3...yes 3 bridal party members dropped out of the wedding.

Backstory:
The 2 girls who dropped out were the 2 from Boston i have been having issues with and posted a lot about on here.

The last straw with me was the bachelorette party. They have been on again off again with my MOH and frankly, it was getting on both of our nerves that they could not committ to one thing. So their latest thing was they werent coming unless everything was done to their specifications. Not for anything but my MOH was planning something which everyone RSVPed no for...but we were going to still try and go out and my MOH was going to take me someplace i wanted to go. Somehow the one BM has some entitlement issue and tried to switch everything to accomodate her.

So i finally snapped and said look, either you are going to stop the BS...and just do what was planned or dont come. This caused a huge fight to which both her and the other girl resigned...VIA EMAIL! no less.  Basically...Krysy...the one who i have major issues with...forced not only Stephanie to resign but also her husband who was in the wedding party also.

AND....to top it off....i paid her to do my invitations...which it looks like i will never get now. I wasted 500 bucks on them and now have no money to get anything else printed and NO time either.

I am beyond ticked off right now and ready to drive to boston and beat the living ___ out of this girl. She from day one has been trying to sabotage everything wedding related because she has been jealous of me for so long. I cant believe i called her a friend...and cant believe i bestowed such an honor on her.

She hadnt been this way ..but you could totally see the jealousy shining through. i used to blow it off because i felt like there was no competition with her. im not like that and dont view myself as anything special. But somehow she has always tried to one up me on everything.

now i still have

Programs
invites
candy labels
wine labels

to do and i have no money and no idea what to do. FMLLLLLLLLLLL

Re: My Wedding has practically been DESTROYED!

• Options
    :( I am sorry it isn't working out for you. I wish I could do something to help. I can't imagine being in that position. I would probably just sit and cry :(
  • Options
    Wow, I'm so sorry that you thought these girls were your good friends & they're acting like this :( It's so unfortunate when things are supposed to happy & exciting, but they take a turn for the worst. I hope that you keep remembering that this day is about you & your FI & that you don't let these girls get to you too much! At the end of the day, you will be married & that's all that really matters :)

As for your invitations, I would definitely still hold her accountable for those since you paid her big $$. I would tell her that she either needs to get them done for you, or give you your money back. Hopefully she comes through with this part.

GL with everything! ((hugs))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    XxKrazy4uXxKrazy4u member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012

I hope she still sends them to me as well.

BTW...i am now stuck paying for the rest of their dresses as well. Now i have 3 BM dresses that got ordered and arent being used.
    I hope the shop does not hold my dress because of this.

Still excited about marrying my best friend. That keeps me going.

• Options
    OMG! Wow! Mine dropped out over text.  We're living in that kind of world these days.

Michaels was having their Brides invites at 30% this week.  Would grabbing a pack or two of those help?  

I wouldn't worry about programs at all.  I'm not having any, by choice.  People won't care.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I would still hold your friend accountable for the invites, and I hope she comes through for you soon or get your money back. Hopefully the dress shop will work something out with you?

Good luck, and hopefully things will go smoother for you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_my-wedding-has-practically-been-destroyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a0805b75-8039-4594-8941-28851568b1eePost:32fed19c-3165-4318-9cc8-719406111a27">Re: My Wedding has practically been DESTROYED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I'm so sorry that you thought these girls were your good friends & they're acting like this :( It's so unfortunate when things are supposed to happy & exciting, but they take a turn for the worst. I hope that you keep remembering that this day is about you & your FI & that you don't let these girls get to you too much! At the end of the day, you will be married & that's all that really matters :) As for your invitations, I would definitely still hold her accountable for those since you paid her big $$. I would tell her that she either needs to get them done for you, or give you your money back. Hopefully she comes through with this part. GL with everything! ((hugs))
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This!!

</div>
  • Options
    Deep breaths girl.... It will all work out. Just stay strong and calm.
    And remember... Karma is a B**ch.... it will come around for those who didn't have your back!!
    You will be ok... everything will work out I'm sure. So sorry you are going through this.
  • Options
    Awww man, soooo sorry you're going through this. I was hoping for the best after all your previous posts. Don't let her off the hook that easily, she needs to give you the money back!!!
    Just look at it as 3 less headaches for you. I hope That you will at least be able to enjoy these final 3 months
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am so sorry. Those girls really caused a lot of stress for you.

I agree with pps about holding your friend responsible for the invitations. Also, I think $500 may be worth looking into small claims court if she doesn't hold up  her side of the deal. (I'm not sure how this works - I remember another May knottie talking about it when she found out her baker disappeared.) If anything, the threait may scare her into giving your money back or delivering the invites.

I'm going to be honest, based on what you've said about this girl, I kinda wonder if she's even started the invites. I'd start looking at other options incase you end up having to purchase something else.  You may want to look up Jenna's (aka vista print goddess) bio to complete the programs, labels, etc. By what I read, she spent very little on her stationary, and it all looked great. I know there are some other very creative ladies on this board also that can help out also - stay positive!

Well, think of it this way, you don't have to deal with these ladies' drama or negativity anymore. That, and marrying your fiance, is something to celebrate. Try to enjoy the rest of your engagement; everything will work out  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. The PP said focus on the positive, you are marrying the man of your dreams and that's all the matters.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options

I agree with PP...but also, if you paid her for the stationary and she doesn't deliver I would be going to small claims court...

Anniversary
  • Options
    First... deep breaths :-)

Second... I suggest you go to Michaels or somewhere and get some invites and a ink jet printer (or borrow a friend or family's) and print some invites. I know it's not as glamorous but it does get the job done and your guests will appreciate the information more than the graphics.

Third... So verry sorry about the girls. It sounds like they need to grow up and not on your time. Let them go and I hope you find better friends in the future. They do not make your wedding... you and your FI make your wedding. 

Celebrate with those that love you and treat you well,
    Take care.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_my-wedding-has-practically-been-destroyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a0805b75-8039-4594-8941-28851568b1eePost:709b2b47-f210-4b57-9fa8-707338f47e24">Re: My Wedding has practically been DESTROYED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]First... deep breaths :-) Second... I suggest you go to Michaels or somewhere and get some invites and a ink jet printer (or borrow a friend or family's) and print some invites. I know it's not as glamorous but it does get the job done and your guests will appreciate the information more than the graphics. Third... So verry sorry about the girls. It sounds like they need to grow up and not on your time. Let them go and I hope you find better friends in the future. They do not make your wedding... you and your FI make your wedding.  Celebrate with those that love you and treat you well, Take care.
    Posted by COSmitty[/QUOTE]

This...you can get really easy to put together ones at micheals (we did the actual assembling in one day....addresses took a little longer, but mostly because we didnt have them all yet). They do have lots of really pretty ones :). I wouldnt count on her getting your invites done..and if she does do them..not on time, so I would just ask for my money back, and again, if she refuses or ignores tell her your sorry but you will have to take it small claims, because friend or not thats a good chunck of money to be out and you need your money back.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    Everyone said what I would of said but I'm so sorry...
  • Options
    I am so sorry! I agree with PPs, just remember what your wedding is all about. If these people are acting this way they are not the friends you thought they were, which is unfortunate, but wouldn't you rather have people in your WP that care about you or people that are standing up there who been disrespectful  and act like children?

I would still hold that BM accountable for the invites, and if she doesn't follow through VP has great deals and they ship really fast. I bet you could also try to sell the BM dresses on ebay or on the classified boards here to get your money back.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    i have thought a lot about kicking them out previously..but i gave them the benefit of the doubt. i didnt want to lose friendships so i let a lot go..and moved on.
    Its their decision now of what they chose and to me they knew it would end the friendship and didnt care. so it spoke VOLUMES to me.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear.  PPs pretty much said all there is to say - I'd try and sell the BMs dresses to recoup some of the money you lost!  In the end, you'll probably be glad that you had no BMs vs. BMs who you are no longer friends with that are in all your wedding photos!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_my-wedding-has-practically-been-destroyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a0805b75-8039-4594-8941-28851568b1eePost:2bccfea0-a73e-4616-b50f-74ec7f5dc146">Re: My Wedding has practically been DESTROYED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear.  PPs pretty much said all there is to say - I'd try and sell the BMs dresses to recoup some of the money you lost!  <strong>In the end, you'll probably be glad that you had no BMs vs. BMs who you are no longer friends with that are in all your wedding photos!
    </strong>Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG that is horrible!

I agree with PPs about Michaels. You can also print off coupons on their website if the invitations arent on sale already. We did our own got them 50% off and our invitations cost less than our postage. I really doubt anyone would ever know we did them on our computer to be honest. Not to mention, this is how a lot of people do them now a days.

For wine labels. Check out make your own wine places around town. We did this for our wine. For us it is 25 cents a label. For a total of $30. You tel lthem what you want, and they make it for you.

Also we are not doing programs. Unless you are having a confusing ceremony I wouldnt worry about them.

Maybe you can sell the dresses online? There are always brides looking for dresses for their wedding party. If not (while it wont save you money) you could look into local charities that donate dresses to local high schools for prom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_my-wedding-has-practically-been-destroyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a0805b75-8039-4594-8941-28851568b1eePost:aeebfc92-192b-42e8-81d4-5a90bd59ddda">Re: My Wedding has practically been DESTROYED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Deep breaths girl.... It will all work out. Just stay strong and calm. And remember... Karma is a B**ch.... it will come around for those who didn't have your back!! You will be ok... everything will work out I'm sure. So sorry you are going through this.
    Posted by Chechabrian[/QUOTE]

<div>Very true! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards