May 2012 Weddings
Options

FSIL's life gives me whiplash

So a month after FI and I got engaged his older sister (the youngest girl of three, FI is the youngest and only boy), comes out and says she's engaged. It wouldn't normally be a bad thing except that it was with a guy none of us had ever met before and didn't even know she was with.

2 weeks later they run off to Vegas and get married. 2 weeks after that he steals her car while she's at work, commits two hit and runs and then ditches her car at their apartment with his wedding ring inside. She was adament about getting an anulment and blah blah blah. Several weeks later they are "trying things out again" then they are apart. Then she updates her status on Facebook to "married" then "in a relationship" etc etc. She has deleted and recreated her Facebook three times in the last 6 months, and the most recent Facebook status is "Single". I gave this woman a guest on her invite because she was with him at the time, she RSVPed for her and her husband, even hyphenating her name with his, then now she's single again.

I don't know what to do! This woman's life gives me whiplash! I invited her husband out of courtesy (we still don't really know him) and now I have no idea what's going on. I don't really want him there, but I don't want her bringing one of her random alcoholic friends. Oy vey!

This girl has a screwed up view of marriage as it is. She is, I think, 25 and this is her 3rd marriage...that we know of. Apparently being in a realtionship for longer than 24 hours is grounds for legally binding contracts.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
84 Attendingimage
66 Missing Outimage
0 Not Repliedimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards