May 2012 Weddings

Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(

According to "My Days" app, Aunt flo will be visiting during our honeymoon time. Dang it. 
For once in a long time, my cycles have been predictable and on time the past few months! GEEZ, why now!?! 
Yell

Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(

• Me too. I am skipping by bc pack. But I will do it in april so I get it the week before the wedding.
  • Are you on BC? Just skip the period week. I've done that a bunch of times before. I told my doctor; he laughed and put me on BC that only allows Aunt Flo to visit 4x a year...sweet!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ha I am glad I am not the only one looking ahead.  My Days says I will be ovulating so game on :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't been on BC in years but maybe I can score a pack from the doctors office. :/
  • I'd make an appt right away! (They aren't effective the first month.) My doctor always gives me free samples; sometimes I ask and sometimes he just gives them to me. If you don't want to stay on it, then just stop afterwards, but it's definitely worth looking into...no one wants that b*tch aunt flo with them on their honeymoon! ;)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:d0a41d3b-e3ee-41e7-87b0-3fc5c527cf14">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]ha I am glad I am not the only one looking ahead.  My Days says I will be ovulating so game on :P
    Posted by RivieraBound[/QUOTE]

Ditto! :) Ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am looking ahead for sure. I would look into BC at least for a few months to get it changed a little. Mine is regular (knock on wood) for the first time in years and it has been this way for over a year now. As of right now I show to have Aunt Flo the first week of May the week is May 19. And I will be fertile and ovulating during the honeymoon. That makes me 1 very happy bride to be.
  • Yes...me too...but I'm just taking the bc!
  • I am supposed to be on mine as well. I plan on skipping with bc.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • right there with ya sister... at least i think i will be.. first time for unpredictability for me to. what the heck!!
  • I would definitely call your Dr. right away!

I'm on BC so I counted my weeks back in January and realized Flo would hit during our honeymoon. I called my GYN right away! She laughed at me when I told her I wasn't getting married until May. It's a very important week and getting my period was just not an option!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ha!!! i just called my doctor yesterday about this! I had to make an appt but i'm sure it's not a problem. Aunt Flo is supposed to come 2 days before my wedding day...NOT AN OPTION! So i will be skipping mines as well with bc's.....
  • Ugh. I am on depo, so I have no say...lol. For the last 6 months my "visitor" has been highly unpredictable. I normally don't get it, but my body has been uncoorperative and I am not liking it. I thought about going off it, but, I wasn't sure if I would regulate in time for wedding weekend and HM. So, on it I stay. My next shot is at the end of the month, so this one will be my last one! My doctor did caution me that it could take 6 months to a year to get pregnant :(
  • i'll be on my period over the honeymoon also.  i HATE hormonal bc so i won't be doing that, i'll just deal.  it won't stop us anyway  hahaha  tmi, sorry :-P
  • Ill have mine on the honeymoon too.  I was worried i would get it ON my wedding day but it seems like it's moved back a couple days.  I thought about going on BC but there is an adjustment period and will probably just make it all worse.  I'm going to pray that it doesn't happen on my wedding and just accept that it will be there on my honeymoon.  Now all of you are making me think I should just go ahead with the BC anyway!  What to do?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
    191 Ready to Party! image
    77 Missing Out image
    2 Making Me Crazy! image
  • haha yeah i checked mine months ago too and my period is supposed to come on my wedding day. I am skipping my next period week to change up my cycle...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:102b4112-eee7-4ce6-b66e-00eb27e3c36b">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'll be on my period over the honeymoon also.  i HATE hormonal bc so i won't be doing that, i'll just deal.  it won't stop us anyway  hahaha  tmi, sorry :-P
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]

I hate hormonal BC, too!  It literally turns me into a manic depressive nutcase, so I will just have to deal...I think I'll be getting my period a few days after the wedding, i.e. the first or second day of our honeymoon. :(  I've been thinking about using these (<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.softcup.com/" title="clicky!">clicky!</a>), because you can still do the deed...but not get a mess EVERYWHERE.  (Sorry if that's TMI! lol)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:dbf9ba8a-d924-45f2-b647-0bc07def670b">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : I hate hormonal BC, too!  It literally turns me into a manic depressive nutcase, so I will just have to deal...I think I'll be getting my period a few days after the wedding, i.e. the first or second day of our honeymoon. :(  I've been thinking about using these ( clicky! ), because you can still do the deed...but not get a mess EVERYWHERE.  (Sorry if that TMI! lol)
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

i'm the same way with hormonal bc, it makes me bat sh*t crazy.  i hate it, FI hates it, and i'm pretty sure everyone around me hates it  lol

i'll have to check out your link when i'm not at work  haha  sounds like something that may come in handy  :-P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:5ec9cf4a-bc4c-4191-b50c-0f333320fef8">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : i'm the same way with hormonal bc, it makes me bat sh*t crazy.  i hate it, FI hates it, and i'm pretty sure everyone around me hates it  lol i'll have to check out your link when i'm not at work  haha  sounds like something that may come in handy  :-P

Sorry, I should clarify that it's not anything dirty!  LOL It's the website for Soft Cups menstrual cups. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:dbf9ba8a-d924-45f2-b647-0bc07def670b">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : I hate hormonal BC, too!  It literally turns me into a manic depressive nutcase, so I will just have to deal...I think I'll be getting my period a few days after the wedding, i.e. the first or second day of our honeymoon. :(  I've been thinking about using these ( clicky! ), because you can still do the deed...but not get a mess EVERYWHERE.  (Sorry if that's TMI! lol)

I have never ever wanted to use one of these but at this time, it actually sounds like it might be the way to go.  I'm really hesitant to start BC NOW, for the first time, less than 3 months to the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
    191 Ready to Party! image
    77 Missing Out image
    2 Making Me Crazy! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:ce7a44e9-de1e-49c6-aed6-ae5c5ede4979">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : I have never ever wanted to use one of these but at this time, it actually sounds like it might be the way to go.  I'm really hesitant to start BC NOW, for the first time, less than 3 months to the wedding.
    Posted by whitandrior[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they aren't my first choice either.  I suppose you gotta do what you gotta do! ;)

FWIW, I was on BC for a while (Nuvaring), and my body did NOT react in the normal fashion.  It takes at least a month for BC to be effective, and it's much easier to change your cycle with the Nuvaring...you just leave it in for a few extra days each cycle to move your period.  It's also easy to use...no taking a pill everyday.  I wish I could be on it again, I just can't fathom feeling like a psycho again.  (I'm sure Nuvaring is fine for most women, I just have an idiotic hormone system, lol)
  • comeongetdowncomeongetdown member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:cd64e8e9-cbea-48b3-8c58-94c087dcc343">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : Yeah, they aren't my first choice either.  I suppose you gotta do what you gotta do! ;) FWIW, I was on BC for a while <strong>(Nuvaring),</strong> and my body did NOT react in the normal fashion.  It takes at least a month for BC to be effective, and it's much easier to change your cycle with the Nuvaring...you just leave it in for a few extra days each cycle to move your period.  It's also easy to use...no taking a pill everyday.  I wish I could be on it again, I just can't fathom feeling like a psycho again.  (I'm sure Nuvaring is fine for most women, I just have an idiotic hormone system, lol)

hmm... that's what i was on also.  it's great in theory, and i've heard women sing its praises, but like gpapale, it also made me crazy.

also, once i got off, it took my body about 6 months to feel normal again.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : I hate hormonal BC, too!  It literally turns me into a manic depressive nutcase, so I will just have to deal...I think I'll be getting my period a few days after the wedding, i.e. the first or second day of our honeymoon. :( <strong> I've been thinking about using these ( clicky! ),</strong> because you can still do the deed...but not get a mess EVERYWHERE.  (Sorry if that's TMI! lol)

I friend of mine uses something along the same lines (<a href="http://www.divacup.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">clicky</a>) and RAVES about it! She uses it every month and says it's amazing.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • edited March 2012
    All of yall are funny. I am not on BC, but I take Red Resberry vitamins & it usually prevents my flow for a couple of days.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aunt-flo-during-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:a9508981-e56b-41c3-9d7e-d8437396ba9aPost:37e2fff2-b47c-472e-9015-9a7db30c90db">Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aunt Flo during honeymoon :( : hmm... that's what i was on also.  it's great in theory, and i've heard women sing its praises, but like gpapale, it also made me crazy. also, once i got off, it took my body about 6 months to feel normal again.

OMG, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one that was affected by it!  It took my body a long time to recover as well.  I still have anxiety issues, but they were UNBEARABLE when I was on NR...and I felt depressed all. the. time.  Now that I'm rid of all those hormones, I feel like myself again.
  • LMAO! Omg, yall are cracking me up! My first 2 days are the worst then I just spot, which isn't too bad, only that the first 2 days are the days we are leaving and on the ship. I just don't want to deal with that the whole time. 

I am going to call my doc Monday and see what he thinks. I'd hate to mess my cycle up since it's been normal lately.... 
    Although, this sounds promising {Red Resberry vitamins & it usually prevents my flow for a couple of days.}
  • I went crazy on homonal BC too! I'm now on a copper IUD and love it. 

Just a thought on the visitor during the honeymoon....you could talk to your doc about a progesterone supplement. It'd stop your period for a bit. Worth a chat at least!
    imageAnniversary
  • Ugh me too, most likely. But mine are so short, it'll be done by my HM. The pill and I do not mix!
  • Good Lord...you girls had me running to the nearest calculator.  Believe it or not I completely forgot about checking this out! 
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Luckily I'm on the pill so I'll be skipping it if it is going to be a problem.  Weird to think I've been on it for 10 years now, but my periods were wayyyy to irregular without it (nothing for months, then heavy, heavy flow for 2-3 weeks).  I was anemic because of it!  So, no honeymoon period for me =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards