May 2012 Weddings
Options

Love being married... the wedding, not so much lol (long & pathetic)

To put this in a nutshell, the head venue event coordinator never showed up. Or at least, my cousin and I never saw him. My event was run by complete strangers who obviously did not get all of the details from the head coordinator.

The videographer that was supposed to be with the girls (it was a husband/wife team), didn't realize she was supposed to be with us even though I had her name on the schedule to be at the venue bridal suite. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but it turned out we really needed the light that she had attached to her camera.  Our photographer didn't check out the venue beforehand (like we suggested), so she didn't know how dark it was inside and she said it was too bright outside to take any there. We ended up going to the ceremoy without taking any bridal party  photos. That bit us in the ass later.

The ceremony itself was great. We got A LOT of compliments,  most of them seemed to be based on because of where I started crying LOL (it was during our statements during the ring exchange).  The musicians were great and things went really smoothly.

The reception... So our venue has gone through 2 coordinator changes since we signed with them.  The first two were incredibly responsive and helpful, but I felt like I was having to work around the 3rd one's schedule.  I let him know the basic outline of the reception schedule (when everything would start, etc) and there were two main decor items that I told him to take care of (the uplight color and putting votives on all of the tables) multiple times within the last week of the wedding. Both of these things were included in our wedding package, so he said it was no problem.

He also told me that he would not be at the event the entire night, but said that he would be there for the first part to make sure things started out smoothly. He told me at 2pm that he would be there in 1-2 hours. We left from the venue bridal suite after 4 for the ceremony, and he was not there.

Well, when I got to the venue for the reception, their part of the decor was not done. None of it. That turned out to be the least of my worries bc I found out later from my dad that they didn't start serving appetizers until 15 minutes AFTER he got there. That means guests went about 35-45 minutes without food (thank God I put the cookie favors on the tables). Once we got the bridal party photos out of the way thanks to the lighting help of the videographers, we were about 40 minutes behind schedule with the toasts, bouquet toss, etc.

I had never met the ppl that were running things that night.  The women tried their best to help when they saw I wasn't happy, but it was a little late. Food didn't taste the same as the tasting, the service was not good, and as I said, the coordinator that I've been working with for months never showed.

Then despite how things were moving, my DJ decided to open the dance with an older, mid-tempo song that made noone get up.  Why... He started playing more current stuff for a while got  got everyone up (my videoographers have great footage with DH and my aunt having a dance off lol), but then he went to the slower stuff again.  So between the food, delays, and our DJ that didn't seem to be paying attention to the crowd, things ended earlier than I planned.

But on a good note, I loved my dress and got tons of compliments (excluding my sister) and everyone in the wedding party looked great and seemed to enjoy themselves.   I think the photos and video will turn out well and will highlight what actually went well that day lol.  Our friends and family were very supportive and happy for us.  One of my BMs toasts (I had a maid and matron OH) was INCREDIBLY touching; I had no idea I was that important to her. And, of course, I'm married :)

However, I am VERY happy for everyone else who got married this month. I've loved all of your pictures. Congratulations :)
Anniversary

Re: Love being married... the wedding, not so much lol (long & pathetic)

• Options
    You sound like your wedding night went about how mine went! There were good and bad things about the wedding. I'm so glad I'm married and everything is done BUT we had several issues.
  • Options
    We had several things go wrong including an accident with the limo, but everything worked out in the end.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards