Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning everyone!

I have another busy day but am happy because FI flies home today. I have an early breakfast at the Hyatt at the airport this morning. I am advisor of one of the sororities on campus and their convention is in town. Then work all day with a ton of meetings in there. Then I have to go to a 6pm CPR re-certification class. Its time for me to renew my license to give immunizations and I can't renew with CPR so I want to make sure thats up to date.
At least when I get home from everything FI will be hereSmile

Hope you all have a great day!

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!
      DH is taking me shopping at King of Prussia today for my birthday!  We're doing a shopping day and then spending the night in Philly to do somethings there tomorrow:-)  I can't wait!  I haven't been there in years. 
      I managed to go into work for 2 hours yesterday and get some stuff taken care of.  DH and I went for a walk again and then I made dinner, so it was a nice quiet day.
    Jamie-Sounds like you have a busy day!  Which sorority is it?  I am a ZTA and am always curious about others sororities:-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Last night went well with FI's dad. He liked the roast and potatoes! Tonight FI is working late and then we have some running around to do. We are going to the Brooks N Dunn concert on Friday night and we need to pick up some tailgating supplies :)

Jamie - another busy busy day for you! Definitely will be nice to have FI home when you get there tonight!

Heather - Happy Birthday! Have fun at KOP!

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

Yesterday was really busy- a lot of work and then I had an appreciation party and a going away party to attend.  Today, I'm leaving for DC to visit FI for the weekend (he lives in Arlington).  I hope it's not too hot/humid.

Jamie- Glad you get to see your FI!  Which sorority?? (I was in Theta).

Heather- KOP sounds like a lot of fun.. I'm from a little north of that area and I miss impromptu shopping trips  there.  Enjoy Philly!

db- good luck with errands!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning. I do not feel well today. Yesterday I had nausea all day, and last night I felt horrible. I went to bed at 9 pm (which is way early for me) and I could have slept all day today in bed with my puppy and FI. But, here I am at work. I have this headache that feels like when you get sick and you have this stuffy head. Blah.

Anyways, on a good note, we decided on a photographer. We decided to go with Limelight-Images. We really liked them and felt we clicked with them. Now I am excited for the day! I may start dress shopping next week. Whoo hoo.

Heather - Sounds like you have a fun birthday weekend planned. Enjoy it! Are you going to that restaurant G has been talking about?
    JamieK - what a bust day! But atleast FI will be here when you get home.
    db - glad your convo went well. Enjoy the concert.
    md - have a good trip visiting FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, today is not going to be my day I have a feeling.  I woke up 1 hour late this morning, rushed to get ready and out the door, almost got in an acciden this morning and now I'm in need of breakfast! I guess I'm more tired/exhausted then I thought!

Tonight's goal: Early bedtime!

DF and I spent the evening at Home Depot redisigning our kitchen.  It was exciting, until they told us the total price and I though he was going to fall out of his seat! haha

Jamie-Yay for DF coming home!
    Heather- Enjoy KOP and Philly! 
    db- Enjoy Brooks and Dunn, I've seen them live once before, they are very entertaining!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lseemiller- Apparently there is a virus going around that is an upset stomach and headache.  I definitely have the headache, not so much the nausea.  Hope you feel better!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

My night was pretty uneventful, except I talked to a person about a potential new career opportunity. It is still early to tell, but I'm a little excited.

Tomorrow FI and I head up to Pittsburgh and our checking out a photographer (Joanna Fassinger), florist (springdale floral) and I may stray away to look at dresses!! Other than all of the wedding items I am going to play with my much-missed nephews and meet my BFF's new baby!

Jamie- have fun with FI! GL with CPR recertification!
    H- Oh no! You've been hanging out with GMC too much, her KOP addiction has gotten to you! :) Have a blast in Philly! Report back on what all you've bought!
    DB- have fun at the concert!
    MD- Yay for DC!!! Have a safe trip!
    LSee-Congrats on the photographer! You should go home and go to bed!! I hope you feel better!
    Duq- I hope your day gets better!!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! The only good news of the morning is that I was only a half hour late to work after going to my useless doctor's appt. They took my blood pressure and weight and had me undress from the waist down b/c the nurse said the Dr. would probably want to do an examination. Well, all she did was talk to me for 5-10 min.! No examination, no blood test, and I had a lovely co-pay of $10 (I know it could be worse, but $10 just to talk to her?!). At least it's nothing serious- she said that if AF comes early again next month then that's more concern. I am SO pissed!! Time to find another Dr. (though I've been planning to, this just confims it). At least I'm having lunch with a friend today, so hopefully that will get me out of this horridly bad mood!

H- How fun! Have a wonderful time in Philly!
    Danielle- Glad it went well with FFIL last night.
    md- Enjoy your time in DC! It's only going to be in the high 80s, but I'm not sure about humidity. Just be glad you didn't visit last weekend, when it was 100 and felt like 109.

Laina- Ugh, hope you can get some rest and feel better asap!

Jl- Have a great trip to Pgh this weekend!

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning.. I'm at work late this morning because I still feel terrible, with a head cold and I feel achy today, like I could sleep all day, but I had to come in because we have an event tonight and my boss is on her way back from DC.. so I stopped and got oatmeal and coffee from Caribou hoping that it will perk me up. Last night I just went home and crashed. DF surprised me with flowers, which was really sweet.

Jamie- sounds like you have a very busy day!
    Heather- that sounds wonderful! Have fun and enjoy yourselves!
    Danielle- I slacked on getting tickets this year and now cannot find any for tmr! I saw them a few years ago for my birthday and they put on a great show! Have fun!
    Marci- Have fun in DC!
    Laina- Hope you feel better too!
    Meg- Hope your day gets better, I had a day like that yesterday!
    Jamie- Have fun in PGH checking out the vendors! Where are you going to look at dresses?
    Kim- Hope you figure something out soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  The move is DONE, at least on this end, yay!  We'll see how unpacking goes on the other end next Friday :)  Other than that, went to kickboxing last night and spent all day on coursework, which is what I will do again today.  DH and I fly to Buffalo early tomorrow morning then drive to Rochester for the weekend for a wedding that he's in.  Excited!

Jamie, good luck with the busy day and have a great weekend with your FI!
    Heather, YAY for birthday fun!  Have a great time in Philadelphia!
    Danielle, glad dinner with FFIL went well!
    Marci, have a great visit with your FI!
    Laina, sorry you're feeling blah, but good news on the photographer at least.  Hope you're feeling better for the weekend.

Meg, oh no, glad you're ok!  Go to bed early tonight and dream of that new kitchen :)
    Jamie, good luck with the wedding errands this weekend!  I love Joanna's work.
    Kim, hopefully it won't be an issue for you again.  I have to say, when I have gone in for similar issues I was never examined either, just questioned like you were.
    Trisha, how sweet of your FI! 

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trisha- Hope you feel better soon! How sweet of your FI, though!

Jen- Glad you're all moved! So you head to CT next Fri.? GL with everything, and enjoy the wedding this weekend! Also, it's good to know that you had a similar experience not being examined- I didn't know if that was the norm, or they were just trying to get my $. It just seemed like such a waste of time!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim- well, I fly to Pittsburgh next Wednesday, drive to CT from there on Thursday (my car has been living with my dad this year), then the moving van actually comes on Friday.  It's a process :P

I agree that it seems like a waste of time, but I think because it's a pretty common issue they don't need to do the pelvic exam unless it becomes a continuing thing.  I assume they wanted you to come in in case you said something during your conversation that raised red flags and they did need to do an exam or some tests, you know?  Oh, the joys of being female :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards