May 2012 Weddings
Options

wedding day nail polish

i know this has been talked about before, but oh well...

what color nail polish will y'all be wearing on your wedding day?  my manicurist is all about french tips, but i don't ever have my nails done like that.  i love color!

however, our wedding colors are different shades of green, and i don't want green nails  lol  so, i was trying to think of another color that would look nice with it.  maybe purple or blue?

Re: wedding day nail polish

• Options
    I really want to do something soft - like a light pink or a nude kind of color.  However, my mind might change before the big day!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My wedding colors are also shades of green too, and I'm going to go for a pale peachy-pink for my nails. Depending on your shades of green, I think peach might look really nice and springy.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to do French tips. I thought about color, but I want to keep it classic.I've never done my nails like that either but...I also will never dress up like this again either ;
  • Options
    I'm using Essie Madamoiselle (sp?) which is  pale pink, then I have some glittery gold polish to go over the top. And our colors are red and aqua. I just wanted to have something with a bit of color, but still understated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My colors are black, white and lime green.  I am doing french tips and lime green toes.  I don't usually like french, but I thought that being traditional on my hands is the least I can do and with the honeymoon, I wanted something fun on my toes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I can't keep my nails long because of work & wearing contacts...so I can't decide whether I want a french manicure or something else.  I was considering a colored french manicure (light light lavender tips instead of white) or a french with some details.  I love color but I also love french too, so I might try a compromise of the both of them!  What about trying a light green/blue color (more blueish, but still has the green understones?)

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Fingers = french.

Toes = Tiffany Blue.

My wedding colors are black, white, and touches of Tiffany Blue
  • Options
    i'm going to do a nude color with a coat of glitter on the top. toes will just be painted a nude color.
  • Options

I’m doing French tips.  I want it to be versatile for the honeymoon.  I usually do color on my toes, but I think I am going to do French tips on my toes too.  Just this time.

• Options
    I am doing a nude/light pink on both fingers and toes.  I'm also leaning towards Essie's Madamoiselle.  Essie is my FAVORITE brand of nail polish!  Essie has the best colors, the polish doesn't get "chunky" if you do multiple coats in a short period of time, and they are toluene-free. :)  There is a salon downtown that uses Essie, so I'll probably go to them to get it done.  I'm thinking I want shellac on my fingers so they won't chip.
  • Options
    My toes will be blue. But I always keep my nails done and I usually have a french tips. So for the wedding I have been thinking of doing something different. Our colors are hot pink, black and white. I was also thinking of a soft pink but I still haven't decided.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm debating this right now!! Everyone does french tips, and I do like them a lot, but I am not one to do what everyone else does. OPI just came out with a new set of colors.. they are al nude, so I ordered a soft purple and gray to see if I would like either of those :)
  • Options

I am going with a very light blush pink/nude. Normally I like bold colors, but I want my nails to just look neat and manicured for the wedding. I don't want anything trendy that will stick out in pictures years down the road.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I was originally going to go the light route, but decided I hate how it looks on me- My hands look like old lady hands with light polish. So I'm going with OPI in Mr. Right Now, a deep dark red, on both my fingers and toes. My makeup is kind of slightly '20's inspired, so my lips will be similar to my nails, so I think it will work :)
  • Options
    Im doing french. I thought of doing color because its fun, but decided that this is the one day in my whole life that everything about me is going to be formal, lets keep the nails formal.

One of my friends who recently got married did bright red with glitter. I didnt think it would bother me, but I keep looking at her hands all night thinking about how 13 year old playing dress up it looked against such an elegent dress. So thats what kind of cememted my decision to keep it classy.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I am either going to do american french or a soft almost clear pink on my nails. I think I am leaning more towards the soft pink. And for my toes either hot pink french or just hot pink.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wedding-day-nail-polish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:b37edddf-e276-487e-a9c0-7eef34bf0386Post:3199cce6-dc9a-4a7e-8628-3e47117c9103">Re: wedding day nail polish</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want to do something soft - like <strong>a light pink or a nude kind of color.</strong>  However, my mind might change before the big day!
    Posted by Tully16[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I will be wearing.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I can't keep my nails long because of work & wearing contacts...
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<div>I wear contacts as well, and with practice and a few days of tears you get the hang of it, don't let the contacts hold you back! Just a thought :)</div><div>
    </div><div>For several years I always had french tips, I don't now only because this year with FI and I still being students and living together it was an unnecessary expense. I'm definitely using the wedding as an excuse to have them again!</div><div>
    </div><div>For my toes, I think I will be going with either soft shimmery pink or a tiffany blue. My shoes are currently being dyed blush pink so when I get them back I will try both colors out!</div><div>
    </div><div>For your green color scheme, I think a soft pink or peach color on your nails would look really nice! </div>
  • Options

I can't stand nail polish on my hands.  I have short squatty hands and it seems like nail polish just draws you to them.  So au natural for me on the hands and probably just a soft pink or nude on the toes.

Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    I will be doing french on both my fingers and toes. I am going to have them add an irradescent color also for an opal effect.
  • Options
    Bett2012Bett2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    nude/light pink.. i can't keep long nails, and i don't want anything to be too drastic :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards