May 2012 Weddings

DIY Guest Book Done*YAY* PIP (heavy

So after working on this for several hours last night and a few hours today (along with getting higher res. photos from the photog), this is what I came up with...
btw, thanks for suggesting sites to use ladies, I ended up going with Mixbooks

(images removed)
Anniversary

Re: DIY Guest Book Done*YAY* PIP (heavy

• Looks great!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WOW that is really nice!!!
  • Love it!

• That looks great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great job!!
    Photobucket
  • This is CUTE!!! Could you give me some tips on mine? lol
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_diy-guest-book-doneyay-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:b605a7be-8dbc-426b-b94e-24b303a6a046Post:be722885-fb4e-4d43-8cdb-6bf46275acd6">Re: DIY Guest Book Done*YAY* PIP (heavy</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is CUTE!!! Could you give me some tips on mine? lol
    Posted by mandydc0509[/QUOTE]

Sure! lol. Is there something specific you're having problems with? I worked off of the Mixbooks blank canvas and then did the layout myself (however they have tones of UBER CUTE premade layouts too).

So, I started with determining how many "signing" pages that I wanted and then I decided on the layout type. , personally, decided to go wtih larger images with smaller accents as opposed to using several smaller images which would give you more of a traditional look (b/c of its block-y-ness). Its just up to your personal style.

then i just started placing the images and coming up with fun little things for the guests to write/comment on. Oh, also, make sure to play with fonts and not just background colors, etc. Fonts can give you another dimension. Lastly I went through and looked accents to give the pages another layer of depth. As you can see, I just went with a simple black silhouette of (what looks like) branches - we're getting married in a garden so I thought it fit.  :)

need any more help/questions let me know. :) I'm all ears :)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_diy-guest-book-doneyay-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:b605a7be-8dbc-426b-b94e-24b303a6a046Post:a6a7f53f-9bcf-465f-950f-3cc3bca4ec16">Re: DIY Guest Book Done*YAY* PIP (heavy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY Guest Book Done*YAY* PIP (heavy : Sure! lol. Is there something specific you're having problems with? I worked off of the Mixbooks blank canvas and then did the layout myself (however they have tones of UBER CUTE premade layouts too).   So, I started with determining how many "signing" pages that I wanted and then I decided on the layout type. , personally, decided to go wtih larger images with smaller accents as opposed to using several smaller images which would give you more of a traditional look (b/c of its block-y-ness). Its just up to your personal style. then i just started placing the images and coming up with fun little things for the guests to write/comment on. Oh, also, make sure to play with fonts and not just background colors, etc. Fonts can give you another dimension. Lastly I went through and looked accents to give the pages another layer of depth. As you can see, I just went with a simple black silhouette of (what looks like) branches - we're getting married in a garden so I thought it fit.  :) need any more help/questions let me know. :) I'm all ears :)
    Posted by S0095042[/QUOTE]

It's those little details like the different fonts and graphics that really caught my attention. I haven't ordered my book yet b/c I could tell that something was missing; I may have to go back and play with it a little.
    Anniversary
  • sounds like a plan :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards