May 2012 Weddings
Options

FI skimping on Honeymoon??? (vent... kinda long)

Hello Ladies,

Well I just have to vent my frustration today. I am actually paying for our wedding myself. Since my father is also getting re-married one month after me, he is not in any postion to help with the costs of mine.  Also, My FI's family also has not offered any assistance becuase they beleive in tradtion and that the bride's family should foot the bill. So here I am paying for it myself. All is not as bad as it may sound, I am however, financially able to pay for everything (Thank God) but I am concerned about my Fi's choice of a honeymoon. We live in Delaware, about 45 min from Rehoboth Beach. Since we are a short drive away, we go there allll the time. My FI doesn't like to travel and wants us to honeymoon there because it is close to home and it wont cost too much money. I am notat all  too happy about this. I feel that we deserve to at least leave the state we live in for our honeymoon getaway. My FI has always been a frugal guy, and luckily we are able to afford to travel. I just feel like his frugal side may be running a muck here. We live a simple life, we dont drive fancy cars, or eat out often, nor do we do any frivolous spending. We live a debt free lifestyle (thanks to Dave Ramsey) so you would think that he would at least choose to splurge a little on the biggest event of his life! I know that the honeymoon should be about us and the time we share together, but I feel like I am getting the short end here. Am I going crazy? Or am I being a little bit selfish? I just feel like since I am shelling out for our wonderful wedding, I should at least be taken to a great honeymoon location. Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards