May 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress Fitting From Hell (vent)

So this past Friday I had my 2nd dress fitting. I had been having a bit of a bad day but was looking forward to seeing the progress on my dress. So I go with my mom to the fitting. When we get there, the bag that my dress was in (that I had to pay additional for, btw) was shredded! It had HUGE holes in it and the zipper had basically become unstitched from the bag -- so I'm like OMG, what does the dress look like?!!  I get the bag open and find that my dress was fine - needless to say I was relieved. So my mom helps me into my dress and I go out to the fitting area. So the 2nd fitting begins.

Long story short the seamstress was really shitty towards me. She whispered things under her breath (about me being in a bad mood or it being "your dress"). Then when it came time to address the bustle, I asked if we could make my dress similar to a printed off image (it was just a double under bustle) and she was like, "just let me bustle it first and then if you don't like it, i'll re-do it"  - i was like, ok... (while thinking...but why would you want to risk having to re-do it...I already know I don't like the single bustle --on me it would make my butt look super flat).

Anyways she did a single and I was like, "i'm so sorry, but I don't like it". So she disappears (all huffy) and comes back with another lady and just kind of dumps us onto her. So then this new woman works to re-do the bustle. At some point she accidentally stabbed my hand (not a huge deal) but then about 5 min. later I realized that there is about a 3" long area down the center- front of my dress which had blood on it (my dress is ivory)...I started to freak out and almost started balling. They did manage to get it out but MAN DO I HOPE my last fitting next month goes better...I don't think I could handle another fitting like this (and so close to the wedding!)

ok. vent over.
Anniversary

Re: Dress Fitting From Hell (vent)

• Options
    holy crap! i probably would have brawled with that woman...must be the NYer in me..but OMG you should not be treated like that. I would have taken my dress and said Peace .... im so sorry you had to deal with that.
  • Options
    That is absolutely terrible! I hope that you said something to the manager because not one, especially a bride, deserves to be treated that way!! I'm sorry you had to deal with that :( sending good knottie vibes that your last fitting goes much better than this one!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    That is horrible. I would have said osmething to her so quick. And I wouldh ave complain and then walked out with my dress and taken it to someone else to finish. I mean the bag alone being shredded would have made me mad the rest would have just been full on the fire. I'm so sorry and I hope the next fitting goes better! :(
  • Options
    Ugh, that's TERRIBLE!! I would definitely talk to someone.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wow! sorry to hear that :/
  • Options
    ugh so horrible...they should not anyone liekt hat!
  • Options
    this is terrible! sounds like you kept your cool a lot better than I would have. good luck on round 3!!
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is so so so terrible!
    My high school sewing teacher taught us that your own spit takes out your own blood from fabric.....not that you wanna spit on your dress...but if they didnt get it out that would be last resort! haha!
  • Options
    I am so sorry!!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wow, how terrible!  I'd let a manager know how you were treated.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would have been livid! I hope they shape up for your next visit...and make them give you a new bag.
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    thanks for your support ladies. I am having them replace the bag (obviously at their expense) and I did manage to get a small discount off the alterations for the attitude problems...I'm just hoping the final fitting in April goes much better. If not the gloves are coming off and Bridezilla is gona rain fire down upon them, lol.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    How horrible!  Sorry that you had to go through that!  I'm glad you were able to get some compensation from them though.
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wow, sounds like they were the ones in a bad mood, not you! So sorry you had to deal with them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wow I can't believe that!! I would definitely say something to the manager!!
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards