May 2012 Weddings

BB&B Phantom Registry Items

Hi, my name is Carey, and I am a registry stalker.

I have gotten much better at it, though, and up until my shower, I hadn't really looked.  I got so much stuff at my shower, though, that I finally decided I should look again to make sure there's still stuff on there.

So, today, I took a peek.  On top, it said 89 items on the registry, and 85 items bought.  Yikes!  4 left?  Wow!  So, I scrolled down to see what was left, so we could figure out what price ranges we needed to put on there so people would have a better choice.

Here's where it gets strange.

There was stuff on there that we didn't register for.  Under the 'requested' column, there is a 0.  Under the 'bought' column, there is a 1, or 2. 

I figure people must have bought it- even though it wasn't for the registry, and then when they paid for it, BB&B scanned our registry print out, and it was plopped right on there.

Strange, right? 

So in reality, we have 12 things left on our registry.. and 8 things that were not requested. 

My favorite...  we requested one set of napkins (it's a set of 8).  Someone bought us 8 sets of 8. 

Thank goodness for returns. :)

Anniversary

Re: BB&B Phantom Registry Items

• That happened to me - they can add stuff people buy to make sure people still know it was purchased for you. I had been searching for an item everywhere and couldn't find it, and when one of my BMs was shopping there for me she found it and told them what she bought it for. It's a little strange but also useful! 
  • I have had that happen, but I've also had a bunch of items marked as 'purchased' but I never received them.  I'm talking over 13 gifts have said purchased, but was never given them.  It's kind of a bummer because I don't want to buy them if people plan on maybe sending them to us, but it's been MONTHS since they have been 'purchased' off the registry and I want to use these things! lol, plus because they've already been 'purchased' from the registry, if we want to buy more, BB&B won't allow us to use our 10% off on them since it states it was fulfilled. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is strange, but good you can return things.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That is strange, but much better situation than mine... Mine is currently showing X amount of items have been purchased, but when you filter the results, only Z are showing!  WTH BBB?!! 

• That also happened to me! At my shower we got this really crappy tupperware set. Not even close to what we registered for. I don't understand it at all but whatever at least there are returns!

• We had some phantom things show up too, and I think what happens is if the cashier doesn't get out of the registry screen (they have to press a button and scan the registry to make sure the items come up), and then rings up the guests personal purchases, then those show up on the registry. :) We had slippers and carpet cleaner show up on ours, so I'm fairly certain that's what happen to us. :)

That's frustrating about the gifts that were purchased but not sent. I know BBB is really good about tracking shipped items, so it must be that the gift purchaser hasn't sent them yet. Maybe they are waiting and will bring them to the wedding - so people really do like to bring actually gifts to the wedding. Also, I know if you go to the BBB completion events, you can use the discont on any item, even if it's not on your registry.

And when you filter the results, if you have requested 2 or more of an item, and not all of them have been purchased, those won't show up under the "purchased" filter, since there are still more left to be purchased. :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bbb-phantom-registry-items?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:c025bac6-519a-45c2-ba03-52deeb5f2ee4Post:ac73a482-79ca-47e3-9b84-f71c5bd485b0">Re: BB&B Phantom Registry Items</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have had that happen, but I've also had a bunch of items marked as 'purchased' but I never received them.  I'm talking over 13 gifts have said purchased, but was never given them.  It's kind of a bummer because I don't want to buy them if people plan on maybe sending them to us, but it's been MONTHS since they have been 'purchased' off the registry and I want to use these things! lol, plus because they've already been 'purchased' from the registry, if we want to buy more, BB&B won't allow us to use our 10% off on them since it states it was fulfilled. :(
    Posted by LOMLBOAT[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure, if this will work, but I know right now you can always change the amount of each item that you're registering for... so maybe, after the wedding, if you don't end up getting those things, you can just up the amount to 2, and then you can use your 10% off coupon? 

I'm glad i"m not the only one.  I understand how it happens... it's just strange to see items showing up on my registry out of nowhere.  I think one of them is a card haha.
    Anniversary
  • It happened to me too, and I did end up getting those things as gifts.  Apparently the kitchen towels I registered for were less preferable to random ones that were not nearly as nice as the ones we've been wanting.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards