May 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR because too much WR stuff has taken over my brain

I need a distraction...  I need to give my final numbers to my venue tomorrow, and I have a few questions to ask of my contact at the venue before I can even tabulate the numbers, and she's on vacation today. (HOW DARE SHE TAKE A VACATION 2 and a half WEEKS BEFORE MY WEDDING?!?!)  just joking :) 

But anyway...  May brides..  Help me to be distracted!!

What was your favorite children's book? What is your first childhood memory? What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)? What is one thing you miss about being a kid? What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?
Anniversary

Re: NWR because too much WR stuff has taken over my brain

• Options
    What was your favorite children's book?

The Magical world of OG....its out of print now so I charish my ripped up battered old copy.

What is your first childhood memory?

No idea....maybe going to my grandparents at the lake and the ducks chasing me, I was quite little and took bread out to feed them, but they were as big as me and ganged up on me, it was scary.

What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)?

I was super super super shy, but super stubborn at the same time. It worked well for me because I was so stubborn that I would refuse to talk to anyone no matter what.

What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Not having bills, and not feeling pressured to be "going somewhere" with my life.

What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?

A rockstar or a stay at home mom.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    What was your favorite children's book? Put me in the Zoo - it had a leopard of some sort with pink and purple spots on it. What is your first childhood memory? Pulling a TV on my head at age 5 accidentally. What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)? Spoiled, bratty, super obnoxious!What is one thing you miss about being a kid? Everything is done for you, you barely have to think!What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger? A ballerina or dance teacher
  • Options
    What was your favorite children's book? The Rainbow Fish!
     What is your first childhood memory? I was spinning in circles in my living room, got dizzy... the tv helped break my fall!
     What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)? I was a brat that hated to lose!  I had to win at EVERYTHING and would yell and become angry if I lost!
    What is one thing you miss about being a kid? Not having to do chores.  I absolutely hate cleaning my house.  I wish my mom would still take care of that for me :)
     What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger? A professional soccer player!

OP, Thanks for this!! Too much WR stuff on the brain this morning!

• Options
    comeongetdowncomeongetdown member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012

Grimm's Fairy Tales, we used to have a GIANT book of them and my sister and I would always be reading it.

When I was 2 or 3 (before my sister was born) I can remember my dad holding me in the kitchen talking to my mom while he was stuffing his pipe.  I told my mom about this memory and she was shocked I remembered, my dad quit smoking his pipe when I was 3.

What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)?

I was the first, so my parents were more strict with me, even though I tried to misbehave I got caught every time  haha  I did really well in school and so far I'm the only one to graduate college. (I have two siblings, the youngest is 22)

Everything being so simple.  We would just play.  I'd run down the street to my friend's house, knock on the door and ask, "can tiffany play?" and that's what we'd do... all.day.long.

I used to want to be a nurse like my mom, or a vet because I loved animals.  I ended up being an engineer... haha  not close at all :-P

• Options

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, then later, The Secret Garden

singing along to sesame street while my parents decorated the christmas tree. I was two.

goody two-shoe bookworm!

The street I grew up on and all the people there. FI wanted to know who all these people were on the guest list and I told him that I couldn't get married without my street crew from when I was kid. All of them have RSVP'd in the postive!

A librarian (which, incidentally, I am) and a mom (hoping for that one next year!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Options

What was your favorite children's book? Any and all Dr Seuss also Rainbow Fish and The Very Hungry Catapiller!

What is your first childhood memory? Going on a road trip with my MOH (cousin) and my grandparents. Sitting in the back seat and singing.

I was a good kid and a little bratty. And I was spoiled by my aunt. Once I became a teenager oh lord it was horrible!

What is one thing you miss about being a kid? No responsibilities! No bills no decisions no nothing. Everyone does it for you and you don't have to stress.

What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger? A lawyer!

• Options

Go, Dog, Go! by Dr. Seuss

The pool party I had for my 8th b-day party. Everyone on my block was there, and it was loads of fun. We all got so sunburned!

I was the nerd! I kinda thought I knew it all, so I was a little obnoxious, too!

Not having a care in the world! No bills to pay, no house-hunting, no job to maintain. Just go to school, do your homework and your chores, then you're free to play!

An actress! I would always pretend like I was in a big movie when I was alone lol.

• Options
    Where the Wild Things are

What was your first childhood memory?
    The training wheels coming off my bicycle. This meant freedom and I could ride anywhere I pleased....within my father's shouting distance until I was teenager, then I could go where I pleased!

What type of kid were you (ie spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)?
    I was relatively quiet, being sandwhiched between two boys! I didn't really rebel until I was in my 20s (kinda late, I know), and I was pretty well-behaved (for the most part anyway).

What is the one thing you miss about being a kid?
    Nap time :)

My dream was to play hockey for UNH. That never happened.
  • Options
    norweigannorweigan member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012

All the American Girl books, and then this Sal eats blueberries (or something like that) that I actually saw at pottery barn kids recently and want to get for my new nieces that are being born this summer :)

The first one I can remember is there being a tornado at the twins metrodome stadum and my mom was scared the dome was going to fall down. Don't know why I remember that.

I say a perfect child, but my sister and cousins insist that I was a princess (I blame my dad for that one because he still calls me princess... he put it in my head)

having no real worries.

2 things: I remember telling everyone I wanted to be a dolphin dentist (because I loved dolphins and my parents are dentists), but my cousin told me I once told him that I wanted to be a dentist that colors...

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Harold and the Purple Crayon.

When I was very young (maybe 3 or 4), I would make up songs and record them on a taperecroder, and then give them to my mom. :)

I think I was relatively well-behaved, but I was SUPER talkative.  I still am, I suppose.

No responsibilities and being carefree and naive about a lot of the bigger life issues.

I used to tell my mother that I was going to be a doctor during the week and a cowgirl on the weekends, haha. 

• Options

The American Girl books, Goosebumps, my Mom's Nancy Drew books

Every year for my birthday my Mom would take me out to lunch, to see whatever Disney movie came out and then to the Disney store at the mall to buy a toy associated with that movie. I loved spending that time with just me and Mom! The first movie I remember seeing is the Little Mermaid.

Well behaved and quiet. I had two loud, troublemaking brothers and I was/am the opposite

no knowing what a calorie is and not having to pay bills!!!

a lawyer

May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What was your favorite children's book?Anything with a princess.What is your first childhood memory?Playing with my baby brother.What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)?Chatterbox and well-behaved.What is one thing you miss about being a kid?Being so naive.What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?A doctor.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Blueberries for Sal and all the Bearnstain Bear books

Eating the cherry nose off a Santa cake while my parents were setting up for a Christmas party (I think i was around 3)
    I was well behaved and very quiet around new people
    Everything was just so simple

A vet

Anniversary
  • Options

The Bernstein bear books.  I just bought my 3 year old niece a huge pile of them and she just loves them.  Also the highlights magazines were a huge hit with my sister and I

Jumping off the roof of our house in the middle of winter into the snow below (obviously we didn't have a huge tall house!).  My dad taught me to do it and I remember my mom being so mad at first and then she and dad started jumping off with me.  So fun!

I was the first born so I was on the straight and narrow path.

The summers of just biking around and having no worries.  Just doing whatever you flet like that day.  Ahhh

A ballerina.  So close yet so very far!

Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    What was your favorite children's book? Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWhat is your first childhood memory? Playing with my cousins at my grandmas house, we always built forts in her living room and my grandpa would always yell "this isn't a gymnasium!"What type of kid were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious...)? I was a little bossy and loud but I also knew what behavior was expected of me so in public I was well-behaved. What is one thing you miss about being a kid? I miss not needing to have a job. Responsibility in general is just overrated WinkWhat did you want to grow up to be when you were younger? I wanted to be a plastic surgeon when I was 5 but then in 4th grade I decided I wanted to be a judge 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options

Corduroy

1st day of kindergarten

Quiet in public, but obnoxious at home

The innocent and optimistic way I viewed the world

An inventor and a lawyer

• Options

Green Eggs and Ham Dr. Suess
         The Boxcar Children books.

Getting a black eye on my 4th birthday, cause some guy ran a red light and we got in a car accident when we were picking up my cake. 

I was spoiled, well-behaved, and never quiet!! haha.

Sleeping over at my cousin's house like every other weekend!!

A singer/actress

Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards