May 2012 Weddings

Calling table for buffet

Yesterday I was speaking with our coordinator and she mentioned an idea of having the tables compete in trivia questions to see who goes next to the buffet.
We would have the head table and the 3 parents tables go first and the other tables would be involved in the trivia.

I thought it might be fun way to keep people entertained. What do you girls think??
Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image

Re: Calling table for buffet

• I feel like that would get a little hectic.  I'd rather have a relaxing dinner.
  • Ya that is true it might get a little confusing.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • littleshrinklittleshrink member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I love the idea of it...but how realistic?  You could possibly do something during the dinner for trivia and the "winners" get a small gift of some sort....if you want to have it be a part of your reception.  It would be a fun icebreaker.  I've seen couples doing a trivia game before the dance period before.
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'd get mad if people at my table said wrong answers and caused us to go last. I'm grumpy when I'm hungry lol
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_calling-table-for-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:c45ebe29-e699-4e4d-83ed-353439430db5Post:0e84add4-aa5d-4115-a49d-3e4124c7374b">Re: Calling table for buffet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like that would get a little hectic.  I'd rather have a relaxing dinner.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

This!  And, it could get confusing!
  • I too also get grumpy when I'm hungry. I don't think playing a trivia game is exactly what I would want to be doing... I also think that it could get confusing
  • I think it's a cute idea, but I think it might get too hectic.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like the concept but I agree with PP's...people want to get to the dinner and if they have to wait because someone answered a question incorrectly, I think it could turn ugly!  LOL  Could make for a funny YouTube video though!  :)
  • I agree with PPs, sounds like a cute concept, but I'm not sure how smoothly it'd go. I think it could also slow down the dinner process which would not make me too happy if I were a guest! I say just go with calling tables up one by one in order to make things go quicker; it'll be less confusing that way also!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards