Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

University Club?

Has anyone been to or had their wedding at the University Club at Pitt? 

We have a party of about 250 which is too big for their ballroom.  So what they proposed is to have dinner in the 2nd floor ballroom, then dancing would be setup in the 1st floor ballroom.  The guests would start at cocktail hour on the terrace.  Then, that would close and everybody would move to the 2nd floor.  Then after dinner, that would close, and everybody would move downstairs.

Has anybody done something similar to this?  Any thoughts?

Re: University Club?

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen weddings done there.  It's a nice space.  One thing is the terrace isn't a guarantee because it could rain...so then where is cocktail hour? in the same room as dinner?

I don't think it's a terrible plan, but you need seating for people in the dancing room, or half your guests will return to the dinner room in order to talk/sit/relax/if they dont like dancing...and that will break up the party.  If you can't have a seat for people in the same room as dancing, then i don't like the plan.
  • edited December 2011
    They do setup seating in the dancing room.  That's where the bars will be.  There's also a lobby area on the 1st floor where there are some seats.  I'm not too concerned about that.  I'm a little worried about people having to move to 3 separate locations.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's all in the same buliding and their staff will help direct people i think it would be fine
  • eddiesgirl11eddiesgirl11 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wmkeep28 , FI and I looked at it. While it ended up being out of our budget I also wasnt crazy about the change of locations. Personally at most of my family weddings the older folks like to watch every dance and just sit at there tables. I had a hard time picturing how that would work there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards