May 2012 Weddings
Options

Oh sweet naive FI...

FI can be so naive sometimes, but its too cute! Tonight we were shopping and I found some cute umbrellas at Target that match our wedding colors perfectly. I put them in the cart and FI asked why I was getting umbrellas. I told him, well if it rains on our wedding day we will need these and they match. His reply "Oh, don't say that! It's not going to rain, our day will be perfect". Yes, I certainly hope so, but you have to plan for the worst and hope for the best! I think FI needs to read some TK posts so he knows everything isn't going to be 100 perfect. But as long as we're married by the end of the day it will be a perfect day. Just thought I'd share, has your FI had any comments like this one?

Re: Oh sweet naive FI...

• Options
    My FI is kind of like that about life!  He just always, always, assumes that everything will work out.  It is endearing yet maddening.  I always thought of myself as optimistic until I starting dating Greg.  But, I'm like Debbie Downer compared to him!
    Good idea about the umbrellas, BTW. 
  • Options
    Haha Kimberly...I feel you my fi is exactly the same way...he thinks money and everything will just appear ...he usually right. Lol
  • Options
    Yea guys aren't able to think beyond the perfection part. Of course I want my wedding to be perfect but something is bound to go wrong and if I can think of the things that could go wrong I can do my best to plan for them just in case.

As of right now May 5 shows rain for our forecast... but I don't know if I want to buy umbrellas yet...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_oh-sweet-naive-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:cadc0c6b-e7fd-46c0-ad33-c0523d6a548cPost:646751c5-8290-47f2-84d6-aa75c20f6695">Re: Oh sweet naive FI...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is kind of like that about life!  He just always, always, assumes that everything will work out.  <strong>It is endearing yet maddening</strong>.  I always thought of myself as optimistic until I starting dating Greg.  But, I'm like Debbie Downer compared to him! Good idea about the umbrellas, BTW. 
    Posted by kimberlykh[/QUOTE]

OMG!!  This exactly!!  (Except my FI is Stefan, not Greg  haha)  I love my dear sweet FI, but sometimes I just want to shake him.
  • Options
    FI knows nothing about etiquette and scoffs at me each time I tell him something we should/have to do.  Like with the shower gifts, he ripped everything open, threw out boxes, started washing stuff and wouldn't listen to me when I said we had to put them aside.  I love him to death, but there's a way to do things the right way and he LOVEESSSSSS to do things the 'wrong' way, at least in my opinion lol :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    o -- that's a good idea! I think I'm going to go umbrella shopping now...hmm.
    Isn't sweet how they can be so naive about the wedding :) I'm still finding it charming.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    yeah mine is the same way. He just thinks things appear. Even with NWR things he's that way. LOL

He kept asking me the other night why I had two signs printed, one said sweet, one said unsweet. He's like why do we need those... I said... do you want to stand at the table all afternoon telling people which dispenser of tea is which?

He's like... can't you just use a marker and write it on there? Uh NO! LOL
    Smile
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards