May 2012 Weddings
Options

What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists?

Hi,
Working on our song list.. don't want to put too many must and don't play songs.. I want to let the DJ do their job since they know what gets people out on the dance floor..  But I was curious what everyone else has on their lists!

Re: What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists?

• Options
    The only thing we said was no country and to make sure everything is edited (radio version of songs). Everything else is game.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Do not play list:
    Cha-cha slide
    Cotton Eye Joe
    Macarena
    Hokey Pokey

Must play list:
    Don't stop believin' - Journey
    Any way you want it - Journey
    Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
    Better Together - Jack Johnson

Anddd we currently have 54 songs on the "play if possible" list haha. 

• Options
    We have all our music on an IPOD, one of the pluses of doing thie route (additionally to saving big money) is that only songs we want played will be on it! (and a list of "if theres extra time needing to be filled" songs)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_whats-on-your-must-play-and-dont-play-song-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:cb0662ac-ead8-45d9-bbfe-9a8e4588f9edPost:0a090b38-c839-4378-8f8b-aa081b3057ae">Re: What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do not play list: Cha-cha slide <strong>Cotton Eye Joe</strong> Macarena Hokey Pokey Must play list: Don't stop believin' - Journey Any way you want it - Journey Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond Better Together - Jack Johnson Anddd we currently have 54 songs on the "play if possible" list haha. 
    Posted by caitlinc09[/QUOTE]

What in the world lol. I've never heard of that one.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_whats-on-your-must-play-and-dont-play-song-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:cb0662ac-ead8-45d9-bbfe-9a8e4588f9edPost:9676ecaf-c0c7-4f65-9c0a-e9b17bd905db">Re: What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists? : What in the world lol. I've never heard of that one.
    Posted by mandydc0509[/QUOTE]

<div>Consider yourself lucky.</div>
  • Options
    Haha no kidding. It's on my DJ's list of most popularly requested somehow...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_whats-on-your-must-play-and-dont-play-song-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:cb0662ac-ead8-45d9-bbfe-9a8e4588f9edPost:05811cb1-f63b-4495-8219-a0845888f541">Re: What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's on your "must play" and "don't play" song lists? : Consider yourself lucky.
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

OH! I lied; I have heard this. Just looked it up on youtube.

This may be the Texan in me talking, but aside from it being country, what's so bad about it? lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My no list includes Journey, Mariah Scarey, Justin Beiber, chicken dance, marcarena. Lol. Cotton Eyed Joe! Haha. Our do play list includes Justin Timerlake, Michael Jackson, keha, and some Portuguese folk music. I trust my dj to play what will get people on the dance floor.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Do not play:Macarena, electric slide, chicken dance, lady gaga, cotton eyed joe( not that I dont mind the song but FI hates it), RAP/R&B, and OLLLLD country and classics

Must play:  COUNTRY and Rock Lol...thats us :)   70's, 80's, etc...celtic(dinner time),classic but good love songs, some pop etc. and I did get FI to agree to Cha Cha slide if its requested enough...mainly because I think it is a fun song..and we have a pretty good mixed crowd of young and old..and I know my BM's and cousins will be out there Lol
  • Options
    Do Not Play: a lot of the songs previously mentioned as well as meatloaf and love shack

Outside of our special dance and cake songs we have a "if you can" list of songs we like. 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Haha too funny about the don't play songs. It's totally true about all of the above (cotton eye joe, cha cha slide, macarana). I never thought about this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do not play: A lot of what has been mentioned, basically those cheesy wedding songs.

Do play: Adele.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards