May 2012 Weddings

Getting nervous...

Just hit me today that I will be getting married next month. Of course all of us have waited patiently for this huge time to come but all of a sudden, I am really nervous! Not about the getting married part, I am 100% my hunny is for me, but I am nervous about how much pressure is on the big day for things to go smoothly. Will everything look right? Will everyone be on time? Will everyone have fun?

My biggest fear is that I will be so worried about making everyone else happy and enjoying themselves that I will be uptight. I just naturally turn into this mother role when people are together and partying.

What are you all worried about? What are you doing to keep calm? I would love to hear any advice. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting nervous...

• I'm really nervous about all that too. What if this doesn't go right, or what about that? But, honestly, the only thing that helps is that what happens...happens. If something doesn't go right, then it doesn't. We've done everything we can to make this day go as planned. But, thus is life. Life is never how you plan it. So, the best thing to do is just to roll with it and make the best out of the day. After all, most people won't remember that the tables weren't set just perfectly or that the wrong song was played at the right time later down the road. Just take a deep breath and take it in stride as best as you can if anything unfortunately doesn't go as planned. Because no one else would know but you.
  • you said it all! i feel the same way! yikes! we just have to try and relax and we have to enjoy every second of it all!
  • I am so with you - especially on the worrying so much that I might not be able to have fun myself. For me, thinking about my close friends that will be there and having fun with them (aside from my fiance of course) is what keeps me relaxed. If I just think of it as a great time I get to spend with them since I live so far away, it helps me. 
    Anniversary
  • I think I am basically nervous about everything wedding related except the actual getting married part. The anticipation is the worst! Once I get to the ceremony and start walking down the aisle I will fine :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm definitely worried about things not going how I want them to. I'm worried my "vision" won't happen, if that makes sense. 
  • honestly my biggest worries are trying to blend tradition for his overly traditional side with my families uber feminist side....no matter what I do I know the ceremony is going to leave one side or the other not just unsatisfied but offended...AHHH. Other then that, I'm more worried about getting everything done on time, the day of doesnt worry me so much. I guess just knowing that no matter how things go down Ill still end up married to the love of my life helps with that.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I'm nervous about everything coming together in the end, especially since the clock is ticking. As soon as the day comes, I don't care what happens, I'm going to enjoy it regardless. But the build up is driving me insane. Plus I have so much to do and so little time to do it.
  • I'm nervous that I am going to forget something. There are SO many little details and items that I feel like I will leave at home or something. And of course I am hoping everything will go smoothly, and that the weather is nice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_getting-nervous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:cd0c2dca-ff60-4809-b8ba-8885a275b321Post:28782722-bae5-4ba9-bad9-ea2c1a35a7dd">Getting nervous...</a>:
    [QUOTE] My biggest fear is that I will be so worried about making everyone else happy and enjoying themselves that I will be uptight.
    Posted by levanlaere[/QUOTE]

me too -- enter a little liquid courage. Besides that you just have to let go. I worked very hard to find vendors that I 100% trust (even replaced a photographer) so now I just have to remember to let them do their jobs. After all, this isn't their first rodeo! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards