May 2012 Weddings
Options

Who's invited to your B-party?

I know that my BMs are starting to plan my bachelorette party and I'm sure that within the next couple of weeks, they'll be asking who I want to be invited.

I really don't have a lot of friends, pretty much the girls in the WP are my only good friends and two of them also happen to be related to FI.

I have one other friend who I'd like to be at the b-party, but other than that, I'm not sure who else I want there....

FI's cousins have invited me to their b-parties in the past and I never went to either of their parties because I'm not close with them so traveling and staying overnight somewhere for that wasn't something I wanted to do.

But since they invited me to theirs, do I have to invite them to mine? And if so, then I need to invite another one of FI's cousins because she'll be pissed if she's the only cousin left out on that side of the family.

Now on the other side of FI's family there are about 5 girls (FI's cousins) who would probably expect an invitation and one of these girls is married to the best man, so I would love for her to be invited, and again I'm feeling like if I include one I have to include them all.

I am the oldest girl cousin, and the only other cousin on my side who is over the age of 21 is already a BM, so she'll be there...

Do I invite all of FI's female cousins who are over the age of 21 to the b-party so that I don't offend any of his family? I just think its really weird if 10 out of the 14 people invited to the b-party are FI's relatives.....

From what my BMs have told me, the plans for the night are to do something with just the BMs and me, and then go out to dinner and have a few drinks later in the evening and this would be the time where other people would come.
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: Who's invited to your B-party?

• Options
    I'm inviting all my friends invited to the wedding. Since I don't see everyone all the time. Prob about 20-25 girls

• Options
    I wanted to keep mine small... just the BM's, FSIL, and the mom's (for the dinner portion) I like smaller more intimate get togethers vs large groups of friends.
  • Options

I agree that if you invite one you should probably invite them all or risk hurt feelings. However, it sounds like there's a lot of them so it's up to you whether you'd like a large or small bparty.

I gave my BMs a list of about 15 girls to invite, although I'll be very surprised if they all attend.

May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I invited all my friends that were inviting to the wedding as well and did not invite any family members (except SIL who is a BM).  About 17 girls, but 3 have already said they couldn't make it.

FI's cousin invited me to hers, but I didn't go and I really don't want any family (FI's or mine) at my b-party so I told my MOH not to invite her.  She has asked a few times about it (really rude), but I told her that it's only WP and that we could go out another night to celebrate the two of us.  That's the way I've gotten out of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_whos-invited-to-your-b-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d1b813fb-af33-4079-9722-fbf8479e56a9Post:9fe782ab-b9c6-4cae-9333-a02e09474147">Re: Who's invited to your B-party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I wanted to keep mine small</strong>... just the BM's, FSIL, and the mom's (for the dinner portion) <strong>I like smaller more intimate get togethers vs large groups of friends.
    </strong>Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

Same here. Mine will just be my BMs
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I am inviting all the younger (my friends/reletives) girls who are invited on MY side...not that I dislike FI's friends, but trying to keep a good impression up for people I dont really know well on a night thats intended to be kinda of a last "single fling", or last night I get to hang out with just my friends, seems silly to me...My guess is only 4-6 people will come, but I (well my MOH) am inviting about 12. Having said that one of FI's friends is a girl who is going out with the guys for the bachlor party since shes grown up with that circle of guys and is into the stuff they are into. I think its more about getting to hang out with people who you have had in your life up to this point one last time as you, not as part of a couple.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    Mine will be small, pretty much just the BMs and I.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I invited all my female friends invited to the wedding, plus the wedding party.  Which probably isn't more than 20 girls.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options

Would it be weird if I invited just the 1 other girl in addition to my BMs? I feel like that would be strange..

imageimage
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_whos-invited-to-your-b-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d1b813fb-af33-4079-9722-fbf8479e56a9Post:83d4e19c-3939-4c7d-abbe-924e33781d66">Re: Who's invited to your B-party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Would it be weird if I invited just the 1 other girl in addition to my BMs? I feel like that would be strange..
    Posted by cpm1223[/QUOTE]

If you're okay with have a small bparty I don't think it's strange at all.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • Options
    I think there's only going to be 5 or 6 of us at mine, and it's not going to be a traditional evening-out kind of bachelorette.  We're going to drive out to the desert and go to a spa for the day, so I really just wanted it to be a small group of good friends.  And definitely no family.  That's what the shower is for!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_whos-invited-to-your-b-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d1b813fb-af33-4079-9722-fbf8479e56a9Post:62adcd00-b984-48fb-8658-e994a9f318ee">Re: Who's invited to your B-party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think there's only going to be 5 or 6 of us at mine, and it's not going to be a traditional evening-out kind of bachelorette.  We're going to drive out to the desert and go to a spa for the day, so I really just wanted it to be a small group of good friends.  And definitely no family.  That's what the shower is for!
    Posted by klsatlin[/QUOTE]

I think thats what my BM are planning too. I told them that I really didn't want to just go out and get drunk so I'm pretty sure they're planning something similar to this (spa and maybe dinner after)

I just don't want it to be all of FI's family and 4 of my friends, it seems silly to me!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I will have my 5 BMs which include my sister and FSIL, then my two female cousins, a friend who isn't in BP, and my brothers GF, so that's 9. My sister wants to include her BFF who is not invited to the wedding... 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards