May 2012 Weddings
Options

* What are you getting future-hubby for a Wedding Gift??

I'm stumped on what else besides the Day of the Dead cufflinks I want to get him from Etsy...maybe a nice watch he's been wanting and get it engraved? I didn't have time to finish up Boudior photos so doing those for Xmas...

What are you getting Fi for wedding gift?
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: * What are you getting future-hubby for a Wedding Gift??

• Options
    We decided not to do Wedding gifts. Instead we are exchanging letters the day of the wedding before the ceremony. And then since his birthday is the week of the wedding and mine is a little over am onth after the wedding then we are going to do bigger birthday gifts. So I'm looking at gettingh im a tool bench he's been wanting!
  • Options
    I made him a Shutterfly photo book with pictures from the camping trip he proposed on, and ended it with a note about how I can wait to spend the rest of our lives adventuring together. 

We weren't going to do gifts, but this only cost me $9 and a day long headache- Making those books is not fun ;)
  • Options
    I got my FI a watch that he wouldn't shutup about!  And it almost works perfectly, because he got his GM watches as their gifts!

• Options
    I got mine new boots, at least when we bought them I told him they were his wedding present.

He got mine for me on Friday.... he got an old tattoo covered up that I refused to look at once we're married.

NEVER tattoo somebody's name on your body unless they're your mother or your child!!!

Hahahahaha
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hahahah tattoos! Wow! Ironically, FI and I have considered getting a special tattoo together (I don't have any, FI has 3). Maybe we will reconsider...LOL

I'm getting FI a book of my boudoir photos and giving it to him along with a sweet letter before the ceremony (if I can stand to wait that long!)

Before I was sure I was doing them, I was considering:
    monogrammed cuff links
    nice new dress shoes
    silly socks to wear that day with that cute "if your feet get cold" poem
  • Options
    I did boudoir shots and then made him a calendar of images with Shakespeare love quotes on it. Additionally we're exchanging letters before the ceremony...then we've bought stuff for each other at the honeymoon spa.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I dont think we are doing gifts. FI hasnt decided for sure, but I told him I didnt think it was necessary and with paying for the wedding I didnt want to add a cost.
    I think getting married is a gift itself really.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we aren't exchanging gifts....we are going to write each other letters to read the morning of the wedding. I did buy some nice cufflinks for him to wear on the day of the wedding. Even though it is technically a gift..I just consider it giving him something nice to wear on the wedding. He's been wanting a watch so I got him a nice one for his bday yesterday and I think he's going to wear it on the wedding day too.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    A movado watch, he's been wanting one for awhile.

• Options
    My FI is a HUGE Miami Hurricanes fan! So, I bought tickets to go to the Miami/USF football game in Miami on November 17th! He's going to flip! He went to his first football game last season at the USF stadium vs. Miami. He made a comment on how cool it would be to go to the Miami Stadium and watch a game. He was like a kid on Christmas morning! So Im going to have to have someone taking pics when he opens the gift :-D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_what-are-you-getting-future-hubby-for-a-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d7378167-df9c-4940-a81e-386701909229Post:9db5d21e-df7e-4daa-ba6f-f83475a7183f">Re: * What are you getting future-hubby for a Wedding Gift??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We decided not to do Wedding gifts. Instead we are exchanging letters the day of the wedding before the ceremony.</strong> And then since his birthday is the week of the wedding and mine is a little over am onth after the wedding then we are going to do bigger birthday gifts. So I'm looking at gettingh im a tool bench he's been wanting!
    Posted by mancila60[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what we will be doing.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I bought a little silver fortune cookie and I plan to write a message in it (like a fortune).  We aren’t getting anything big because we are taking a big honeymoon.  That is our gift to each other.

• Options
    I am doing, cuff links with our furbaby on them, B-pics, and personal letter. We were going to be saying personal vows and now with our church they won't allow it so I'm thinking I'm going to put them on something for him as well.
  • Options
    I also did a book of boudoir pics. Before that I was going to make him one of the framed heart-map things with the location of where we met, married and honeymooned. 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're not doing gifts that cost money. I'm doing a letter, and giving him my purity ring that I've worn since I was 16. Not sure how I'm going to present it to him, we'll see :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I did a boudoir shoot, Cake Boss style groom's cake, and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue!!!!!  Sooooo excited!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards