May 2012 Weddings
Options

Hair/Makeup Trial PIP

Today I went for my hair and make up trial. My hair came out great, and I should have taken a picture then (I suck and always forget). The hair stylist pinned it up because I was going to a friend's bridal shower and wanted to keep my "day of do" a surprise. When I just got home I took it down, so it lost quite a bit of volume and looks flat. I naturally have thin hair so I think for the day of I will ask her to tease some more and make it more volumey.

The makeup went okay... I have never seen myself with professional makeup before so it looked strange at first... I wanted a smokey eye, and I am not sure if I wasn't used to seeing myself like that or it was just too much for my afternoon wedding. She played around with it a little bit and I was happier with the end result than the first end result, but I am the kind of person that I like to inspect these things in different lights in the privacy of my own home. When I got home I realized why it just wasn't what I wanted.

A smokey eye is a lot of smearing and smudging. I think I just want a clean eyeliner line on the bottom lash line and the top lash line to make my eyes pop and then have a goldish tanish eye shadow or maybe light purpleish to make my greeens pop.

I took a lot of the shadow off and kept the liner which is actually more navy bluish, than black... I typically use brown liner on myself, anyways here is my pic.

I think my tweaks will be small enough that they can be figured out on the day of.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hair/Makeup Trial PIP

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Looks great!  I'm sure asking for more volume on the day of/not changing the style throughout the day will help on your real wedding day
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It looks really nice. The color is perfect and your make-up did not look overdone. I have very thin hari too and am allowing the stylist to place 8-10 extensions (clipped, not glued, in) to add a little "Oomph" for that day. 
  • Options
    I think it looks great!!!  Nothing looks "too much" and if that's the amount of curl you have after pinning it up, I think it will look fantastic the day of! :)
  • Options
    You look beautiful! I understand what you mean about the makeup, though. It took a couple weeks but when I went back and looked at the photos I took I'm not happy with the way the girl did mine. She did make some changes at the time like I asked her too but at the end it doesn't look like me at all and I'd rather do it myself. 
  • Options
    Bett2012Bett2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm using volumizing mousse after my last hairwash before the wedding. I did it for my trial and it worked so much better than the first time!

I've actually started using the mousse every day because it keeps my hair un-static and with more volume than normal :) I've never really been a hair product kind of girl :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I met with the stylist who doing my hair for the wedding she told me (or chastised me rather), to start using good quality volumnizing shampoo now! I guess to some exent hair does get used to the shampoo you use, so if you use one that makes it flatter regularily thats how it will behaive and try and revert to even when someone else does it. I usually use thermal shampoo for straightnening but she said its important I switch at least a month out at least temporarily if I want it to hold a style with more volume. So thats just some advice that may or may not be helpful. Also, she said to NOT use conditioner or just use it on the ends not on the roots as it adds weight to hair.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Love the makeup and your hair looks great for taking it down after being up. It will look great on the day of! Thanks for sharing pics. I am still undecided for mine and my trial is Saturday lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards