May 2012 Weddings
Options

Should I or shouldn't I RIP my former BM former friend a new one.....

Ok ladies, i am beyond POed this morning. It is now 1 day before my Bachelorette party...which from my other post you already know is just my MOH and I since my BMs decided they didnt want to go...and neither did anyone else for that matter.
Im over it.

But i am STILL...yes STILL waiting on these invitations from my one former BM and friend whom i paid to complete them.

I am about to lose it on this girl. Seriously. Not only did she make her husband finish them because shes "mad" at me...PSHHHH mad at me because She decided to drop out of my wedding...OK...
But he keeps telling us that they will be out this week..over and over...and its now friday and i have nothing.

I already have a back up plan...but cmon...be straight with me....yes they are done or no they arent....
Im about to drive to Boston and get all Housewives of New Jersey on this girl.

So my question is how much longer do i wait before i go off on her in a serious way?

Re: Should I or shouldn't I RIP my former BM former friend a new one.....

• Options
    I wouldn't go off on her. That won't do anything but make you more mad, make her more upset, & it probably won't solve anything. You two will probably be in the same situation, if not a worse one if you go off on her.

Honestly, I'd politely ask her for your money back because you've waited so long to receive them & they told you that you'd have them by now & you don't. I would definitely be going with your back-up plan at this point since it's getting down to the wire.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Dori.  I'd set a drop dead date where she either needs to give you the invites or refund your money.  I'd send her a very straightforward e-mail.  Like,

"Dear Friend,

I know you've been working on the invites, but I need them by March Xth at the absolute latest.  Otherwise, I'll need a refund of the money I paid you to do them because I will need to order other invitations in order to get them mailed out in time.  Please let me know either way.

You name"
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_should-i-or-shouldnt-i-rip-my-former-bm-former-friend-a-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d941b24d-48aa-4730-9317-f5ecb4a05eebPost:7b457d92-2d12-4869-be38-5eba678a353f">Re: Should I or shouldn't I RIP my former BM former friend a new one.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Dori.  I'd set a drop dead date where she either needs to give you the invites or refund your money.  I'd send her a very straightforward e-mail.  Like, <strong>"Dear Friend, I know you've been working on the invites, but I need them by March Xth at the absolute latest.  Otherwise, I'll need a refund of the money I paid you to do them because I will need to order other invitations in order to get them mailed out in time.  Please let me know either way. You name"
    </strong>Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

This 100%. Also I would start getting that back up plan together!
  • Options
    I agree with the others. I would politely tell her that you need them by March X or you want your money back. If she doesn't comply, you may need to just drop it and order something else so you can get your invites out. You may want to try and have a rational conversation with her. I would kill her with kindness, even though I know that's not what you want to do. But, sometimes we just have to be the bigger person and being sickly sweet might get you more honey. Being angry at her is just going to make it worse.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_should-i-or-shouldnt-i-rip-my-former-bm-former-friend-a-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d941b24d-48aa-4730-9317-f5ecb4a05eebPost:aee1836e-5d7d-41d6-a585-8ae9d32b326e">Re: Should I or shouldn't I RIP my former BM former friend a new one.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the others. I would politely tell her that you need them by March X or you want your money back. If she doesn't comply, you may need to just drop it and order something else so you can get your invites out. You may want to try and have a rational conversation with her. I would kill her with kindness, even though I know that's not what you want to do. But, sometimes we just have to be the bigger person and being sickly sweet might get you more honey. Being angry at her is just going to make it worse.
    Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

All of this.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree that polite would be the most constructive way to go.

But MAN- She freaking sucks. So sorry you're having to deal with her :/
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going thru this. I'm going thru similar junk with my MOH and paying me back for her dress. It's drama and she's lucky I'm still even acknowledging hat she exists at this point.

Anyways, I totally agree with PP's. Tell her you need them by  so and so and then just work on your back up if she doesn't deliver by then. No need to get upset about a happy occasion in your life!
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, at this point ask for your money back and go elsewhere. If you go all crazy on her it will only make the situation worse.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_should-i-or-shouldnt-i-rip-my-former-bm-former-friend-a-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d941b24d-48aa-4730-9317-f5ecb4a05eebPost:7b457d92-2d12-4869-be38-5eba678a353f">Re: Should I or shouldn't I RIP my former BM former friend a new one.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Dori.  I'd set a drop dead date where she either needs to give you the invites or refund your money.  I'd send her a very straightforward e-mail.  Like, "Dear Friend, I know you've been working on the invites, but I need them by March Xth at the absolute latest.  Otherwise, I'll need a refund of the money I paid you to do them because I will need to order other invitations in order to get them mailed out in time.  Please let me know either way. You name"
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

This is what I would do.  I might even go a step further and just go with your backup plan so that you don't start stressing yourself out with having to crunch to get your invitations moving. 
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    I wouldn't even give her another deadline for the invites... She's already exceeded her time for getting them to you. Ask for the money and set a deadline for that or let judge judy deal with it
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_should-i-or-shouldnt-i-rip-my-former-bm-former-friend-a-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d941b24d-48aa-4730-9317-f5ecb4a05eebPost:99b4da77-ff35-44b0-93ff-1c6f32da7cd8">Re: Should I or shouldn't I RIP my former BM former friend a new one.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't even give her another deadline for the invites... She's already exceeded her time for getting them to you. Ask for the money and set a deadline for that or let judge judy deal with it
    Posted by ChocolateFlav17[/QUOTE]

This
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed! Deal with it like you would any other vendor. Tell her she is past deadline and needs to deliverer now or give your money back. Sorry to hear the BM is being so lame, but try not to get emotional when dealing with her, that will only make the situation worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards