May 2012 Weddings
Options

Woohoo!

I put our invitations in the mail today!!!  I'm SO happy they are done and no longer taking up precious space in our house.  Before anyone says anything...I obviously KNOW that I sent them a little early, but I'm fine with that. TK's checklist says to send them out at the 3 month mark, anyway. ;)  Most of our guests are from OOT and our wedding is during a holiday weekend...the sooner they can book the hotel and make travel arrangements, the better.  YAY!

Re: Woohoo!

• Options
    Yay!  And I say send them whenever you want...this isn't the etiquette board =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Honestly I always think its kinda crazy when I get invited to a wedding and only have 2 months to make travel plans or try and get time off work...I know etiquitte says 6-8 weeks, but I honestly think anything less then 10 weeks is pushing it if you want the majority of your guests to be able to make arrangements. I was suprised to get an invte this week to a wedding in april when I didnt even know they were engaged! Its the approriate 6.5 weeks out, but it seems so soon and I definatly cant plan to be there I would have needed more notice since my life is so crazy busy right now!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I sent mine out on Valentine's Day!  Such a great feeling to get them out :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_woohoo-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:db734b80-fe2b-40e5-9f18-c9685c790986Post:8b213da4-5e78-4385-aa0e-8a0b82d14f0d">Re: Woohoo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly I always think its kinda crazy when I get invited to a wedding and only have 2 months to make travel plans or try and get time off work...I know etiquitte says 6-8 weeks, but I honestly think anything less then 10 weeks is pushing it if you want the majority of your guests to be able to make arrangements. I was suprised to get an invte this week to a wedding in april when I didnt even know they were engaged! Its the approriate 6.5 weeks out, but it seems so soon and I definatly cant plan to be there I would have needed more notice since my life is so crazy busy right now!
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  That's the main reason I'm sending them out 3 months in advance.
  • Options
    How exciting :) Congrats on the huge check!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We sent ours out at the 3 month mark.  Now, if we could just get RSVP's back - then I would be one happy girl.  I don't know how much easier I can make it for people... RSVP tucked inside invitation and return envelope, stamped and return addresses on each one.  Shouldn't be that hard to fill in and drop in the mail.  I hope all you girls have better luck with your family and friends because mine are starting to annoy me!
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay!! :) We sent ours at the 3 month mark (and February's a short month!) just because I was excited and wanted them out of our tiny apartment (seriously.. any space is helpful!)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yay! I'm planning on sending mine out by the week's end. I'm all for 12 weeks notice ... especially because it's a holiday weekend.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_woohoo-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:db734b80-fe2b-40e5-9f18-c9685c790986Post:23537e34-bef4-4b71-901d-101e9d3a7334">Re: Woohoo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! I'm planning on sending mine out by the week's end. I'm all for 12 weeks notice ... especially because it's a holiday weekend.
    Posted by Lyra1020[/QUOTE]

Good to know I'm not the only May 26th bride sending them out this week. :)
  • Options
    Yay!  This makes me feel like I need to send mine out asap. Unfortunately I need to wait til 8-9 weeks out since FI and I are moving next month
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I sent mine out today too!!! So excited!!
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards