May 2012 Weddings
Options

B-Party Question

Are any of you giving out "favors" or something to thank people for coming to your b-party? Is this even necessary? I would just get the hosts something (my MOHs), but everyone is paying to come, so I feel like there isn't really a "host." I would love to get each person something small (there are 21 girls going so I don't want to break the bank), but I'm not sure of anything. I'm open to suggestions & if you girls are doing this I'd love to hear your ideas! TIA :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: B-Party Question

• Options
    Maybe a shot glass?  I've seen tons at Goodwill for super cheap (i.e. 50 cents each), and you could decorate them yourself.
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on doing this but it is a nice gesture. I'd love to piggy-back onto your question if people have some inexpensive ideas. I went to a bachelorette last year and the bride gave us all mini Bobbi-brown lip glosses. I imagine she bought them in a sampler kit at Sephora or something and then handed them out with a little card. I'd do that but she will be at mine so I need another idea...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I do like the shot glass idea! I was thinking of doing the wine glasses ($1 each at Dollar Tree) with chalkboard paint, but those are being given out at my shower, so I don't want to do that again. I may look into shot glasses... now to think about how to decorate them! Hm...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to do the shot glasses and then also get ring pops for everyone cause I thought that'd be cute! And they have them at the dollar store, so it'll be cheap. I'll probably throw in a few mardi gras beads or something else they can wear the night of too, just for fun. :)
  • Options
    Do people normally give out gifts at b-parties?  I've never been to one before.  Mine's small, but I certainly don't want to snub anyone!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've only been to two Bach parties - 1 the bride did (mini lip gloss) and the other didn't. I don't think it's mandatory but rather a nice thing to do
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Nope, not planning on it =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm not planning on it.  I've been to tons of B-parties and never been given anything by the bride.  A few times the hosts gave us something to tie us together (buttons, beads, etc) but that's it.  I do think it is a nice gesture and I'm sure your friends will appreciate it, but definitely don't think it is standard or necessary. :)
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I wasn't planning to.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think it's a cute idea! If my Bach party was in town, I might consider it! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_b-party-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e12381ef-45d3-460f-8e69-bc4fe28cda7ePost:d093f036-ba05-49e0-a6e5-285afb9267c4">Re: B-Party Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe a shot glass?  I've seen tons at Goodwill for super cheap (i.e. 50 cents each), and you could decorate them yourself.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are "required" but I think it's nice if you can afford a little something-something. I made shotglasses for each of my girls. I bought the shot glasses at walmart (like $5 for 6 shot glasses) and then glass-paint and painted them. They were cute and cost effective. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am giving each girl a shot glass w/ a mini bottle of liquor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards