May 2012 Weddings

XP: Best dishes?

So we registered for a nice set of everyday china at BB&B...but somehow through 2 showers and the wedding we didn't receive a single place setting.  At first I thought it might have been because it was too pricey, but we received plenty of other items that were more expensive.

Anyways, I suppose that's really neither here nor there since either way dishes are something that are an absolute need for us at this point.  I still love the everyday china, but I don't know that we want to go drop $1000 to go out and buy enough sets at this point.  We're still considering just getting it, but I was curious if anyone else had any thoughts/suggestions about other brands/types of dishes that might not be as expensive but still nice quality.  Or should we just splurge for the everyday china?

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!
photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: XP: Best dishes?

• Our everyday dishes came from cb2.com & Crate & Barrel (we mixed and matched different kinds of white dishes)- They've got the durableness of every day dishes, but look a little nicer/ more elegant than most every day dishes. Also, Ikea has a nicer line of china, if you still want that china look/ feel but not the price :)

Overall, if it were me, I'd get something new but probably not crazy expensive.

SO weird that no one got you dishes! 
  • Our everyday china came from Pfaltzgraff. Not only are the patterns beautiful, but they are reasonably priced and last for years! My parents still have china they received at their wedding 30 years ago! They have purchased a few new sets since then, but they are excellent quality. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are using Fiesta for our everyday dishes. They are excellent quality and come in a lot of pretty colors (we got cobalt). They go on sale a lot at Kohl's and Macy's.
    Photobucket
  • Our everyday dishes are the white ones from Crate and Barrel. They are awesome!!
    Anniversary
  • We have the Fiesta too, and you can get them on Amazon as well, and they were on super sale this week.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • My everyday dishes are the Everyday White collection from BB&B.  It's super cheap, but really nice and easy to replace if you break them, which we've obvi done haha.  It's super plain, but I love it.  We did get most of our expensive china, though, and I'm glad we did because I would have def gone out and bought it all haha - actually, I need a few more place settings which I'm going to get.
    Anniversary
  • BB&B contacted us because they are having a “finish your registry” (or something like that) event in a couple weeks.  They are closing the store one evening and brides/grooms can come in and buy the remaining items on their list for 20% off their entire order.  I think they are even serving champagne.

Contact the store and see if your area is doing something like this.  You’d save a bundle.

As far as every day dishes go, your options are many!  We bought every day dishes at Kohls (they were on sale).  We got rid of the Pfaltzgraff  dishes, but they were in great shape after 10 years.  I just outgrew the pattern.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards