May 2012 Weddings

Recap from a wedding this weekend

I was down in Florida this weekend for a friend's wedding.  The weather was beautiful all day Saturday...until about 2 hours before the ceremony when it started POURING.  The ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner were all supposed to be outside, then moving inside for air-conditioned dancing.  Well, an all-indoor Plan B had to be executed due to the rain.  And despite not being the bride's  top choices, it was an AMAZING wedding.  I thought it was a nice reminder that things probably won't go exactly according to plan on our wedding days, but as long as you are marrying your best friend and celebrating with your closest friends and family, the day will be perfect!

Yesterday I was sitting at brunch and the bride shared her one regret...not having her ceremony recorded.  The married girls at the table who didn't have videographers at their weddings agreed that it was their main wedding regret too.  FI and I don't have it in the budget for a videographer, but talking with the girls made me decide I at least want to have someone record the ceremony (probably flip-cam style for us)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recap from a wedding this weekend

• Good to know!  I don't have a videographer either, but I'm planning on having the ceremony recorded.....have yet to ask someone, though =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We hired a viedographer last week because I didn't want that to be our regret.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_recap-from-a-wedding-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e28278eb-ab26-439e-a46c-23bf736e0916Post:08d0aa65-5a7b-4c57-9133-49114aba4f43">Re: Recap from a wedding this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good to know!  I don't have a videographer either, but I'm planning on having the ceremony recorded.....have yet to ask someone, though =]
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

This is us too... Many of my married friends have said it was their regret too.
  • I am so torn about this... I want one, we can't afford one... I feel weird asking someone... I think I am just hoping someone will, I don't even care if it's on someone's iPhone...

Maybe FSIL's boyfriend?! That is an idea :) I will talk to FI about this...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_recap-from-a-wedding-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e28278eb-ab26-439e-a46c-23bf736e0916Post:0280cbf9-64cb-416b-88f2-dc25167e7480">Re: Recap from a wedding this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]We hired a viedographer last week because I didn't want that to be our regret.
    Posted by mildlymailyn[/QUOTE]

Yup, we decided to add this expense after all of the posts and stories I've heard from other brides about wishing that they had one.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards