May 2012 Weddings
Options

Invite Help

So I finally finished my invites (well, almost done...). I need to address the dreaded envelopes, but I'm having a little problem. My envelopes are a coated, metallic paper (StarDream metallic). It's been very challenging finding a pen that doesn't smear. Fine tip sharpies work without smearing, but the black appears to be gray. 

Anyone use these envelopes or a metallic envelope who could recommend a good pen/marker/writing utensil?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invite Help

• Options
    I'm using one of the paint type pens that Michael's carries. Mine is silver because I'm writing on navy blue, but it's also Stardream, so the black version of the pen would probably work. I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but they are similar looking to gel pens (they're not those bigger paint pens). My pen is upstairs right now but when I get up I'll find out the name for you. :)
  • Options
    They are pretty!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! I worked so hard on them. I am definitely in love with them. I think I will be sad when I mail them out...haha. I don't think anyone will give them the same attention I have! ;-)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_invite-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:ed4dbec2-77a3-4ed1-a0d9-288ab4c4e3f2Post:5d751fdf-c442-4bdf-a1d1-a05d2f09ff4a">Invite Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I finally finished my invites (well, almost done...). I need to address the dreaded envelopes, but I'm having a little problem. My envelopes are a coated, metallic paper (StarDream metallic). It's been very challenging finding a pen that doesn't smear. Fine tip sharpies work without smearing, but the black appears to be gray.  Anyone use these envelopes or a metallic envelope who could recommend a good pen/marker/writing utensil?
    Posted by JaimeD727[/QUOTE]

Ours were metalic and we ended up having to buy a lasser printer to print them off with...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards