May 2012 Weddings
Options

is it normal

my shower is this saturday in new york and not one item has been purchased from the registries... i know i shouldnt look but it seeing all your posts just makes me wonder
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: is it normal

• Options
    Hmmm....that does seem a little odd.  Maybe the link to your registry isn't working???  Where are you registered?  Maybe call and ask them what's up.  Or, maybe people are just giving you cold hard cash!!! Laughing
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bed bath and beyond and walmart (to cover all price ranges)

the links fine
    cash would be good lol
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Maybe a little abnormal....but one of my showers is on Saturday, too.  Some stuff has been purchased, but everything that has been purchased has been like that for a few weeks.  So, I haven't had anything bought recently - I assume that a) people are procrastinators or b) will be giving me something off registry.  I guess we'll both find out!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Maybe people are going to give you cash since your shower is in another state, and they didn't want you to have to lug a bunch of physical gifts home?
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    people procrastinate! I have my FSIL's baby shower on Saturday and I have yet to buy anything for it. I'll probably buy something Saturday on the way there...
  • Options
    A lot of people do buy the day of or before. So maybe that's the case here too. They could be buying off registry or giving you cash or gift cards.
  • Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Maybe people are waiting til the last minute to buy you gifts! LOL I know my FI & I are notorious for doing this :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_is-it-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:f014362d-af4b-48c1-82d1-97668a342a13Post:97b90eb8-ebce-4fdf-a863-9e8952c861d1">Re: is it normal</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>people procrastinate!</strong> I have my FSIL's baby shower on Saturday and I have yet to buy anything for it. I'll probably buy something Saturday on the way there...
    Posted by leahstinson[/QUOTE]

<div>This! For my friend's baby shower, I waited until the day before because I basically wanted to get as much of the stuff that was left on the list. Well, apparently everyone else had the same idea, because a bunch of us gave some of the same stuff! So yeah, don't sweat it, I'm sure people will go shopping this week. :)</div>
  • Options
    I only got 1 item from my registry..everything else was bought elsewhere...which kinda of annoyed me...I got a registry for a reason, and now I have stuff that I didnt want but apparently EVERYONE needs a breadmaker....anyways, you can't dictate what people get you unfortunately, and if people think thier idea is better the the registry then they are going to get you whatever they want...kinda annoying because I kinda feel like why did I spend the hours making a registry if people are going to ignore it. But such is life.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_is-it-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:f014362d-af4b-48c1-82d1-97668a342a13Post:d0d48079-58e7-4587-a9de-7730145065f2">Re: is it normal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe people are waiting til the last minute to buy you gifts! LOL I know my FI & I are notorious for doing this :)
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

Us too. Plus, there could be a chance that you're getting gift cards; I got several of those.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_is-it-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:f014362d-af4b-48c1-82d1-97668a342a13Post:c64e40a1-bf50-41ee-b606-e4e6bccece9f">Re: is it normal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only got 1 item from my registry..everything else was bought elsewhere...which kinda of annoyed me...I got a registry for a reason, and now I have stuff that I didnt want but apparently EVERYONE needs a breadmaker....anyways, you can't dictate what people get you unfortunately, and if people think thier idea is better the the registry then they are going to get you whatever they want...kinda annoying because I kinda feel like why did I spend the hours making a registry if people are going to ignore it. But such is life.
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, that is kind of annoying.  I don't want to risk sounding ungrateful, because I know people don't have to buy you a gift at all, but I never understood the whole "I can pick out a better gift than the bride & groom can pick out for themselves!" sentiment.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options
    I do think this is normal.  I had one of my showers back in December with FI's family and almost everything was bought 1-2 weeks ahead of time.

However, my shower with my family is this Saturday as well and only two things have been bought for it from my registry.  I've drawn two conclusions from this: (1) My family procrastinates or (2) My family knows me a lot better than FI's family and thus feels really confident buying me gifts that aren't on registry. 

Even if I end up not receiving much (or receiving a lot of off-registry items), I'm just excited for my shower and to spend time with my family. Gifts are nice, but don't matter that much IMO. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would double check everything is working with your registry but people do wait till last minute...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards