May 2012 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon Update- and flight warning

Recently I made a post about booking our honeymoon resort- Cocobay in Antigua- yay! I spent yesterday and today nailing down the flight.

Yesterday I went on to kayak and found that if I changed our departure date to the day after the wedding (May 20), that I could get flights for $200 cheaper per person! I was thrilled, and talked to FI and we decided to have our hotel reservation changed to stay May 20-27 (instead of May 21-27). We were going to be able to stay a day longer and still save $100!

When something is too good to be true, it is. After trying to book the cheaper flight for 2 hours, and spending 45 minutes on hold with two different customer service reps at expedia.com, I was finally told to try back later in a few hours. For some reason the flights at the low rate popped up on every search, but after I'd entered my credit card info, expedia would show and error which blaimed the problem on the CVC on the back of the credit card (3 digit security code). When I got home that night, I tried the same thing, with two different credit cards of mine, and with FI's card. Then I checked my credit card account online, and there are 15 pending charges for "pre travel authorization". So obviously, they have no problem accessing my card. 

This morning I checked the flight again, on a different website this time. Apparently there is trouble booking the flight at the given rate. So essentially, they advertised a lower rate, which could not in fact be booked. I'm glad this website told me what the issue is, compared to expedia who convinced me all of my credit cards were messed up. 

Long story short, I booked the flight (on the airline's website- not expedia. The price was the same, and I didn't want to give expedia my business after that crap.)

I don't understand who it's legal to continue to advertise a flight that is not in fact being sold at the advertised rate, but I do recall something like this happening to me before. I'm super annoyed that speaking with two customer service rep's did not clarify the situation. Still waiting for the pending charges to disappear from my account, but all in all, I guess no harm is done- except to my excitement for having an extra day of honeymoon! Oh well.

-end rant, and thank you for listening :)
~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards