May 2012 Weddings
Options

Table Name Headache!!!!

If you've been following any of my previous posts, you might recall my mother is driving me insane.  She decided we need a seating chart now.  We purposely paid EXTRA for a buffet so that we wouldn't need to do a seating chart.  She says, well if not a full-blown seating chart, then we at least need to assign group of people to tables.  I agreed to this, making table names (which originally was for fun, but now it is mandatory) and writing a group of people on the card (i.e. Bride's Family Friends, etc.).  FI pointed out that this task is actually much more difficult than we had anticipated.  How do you distinguish between immediate family and extended family?  How do we ensure that our parents get to sit together?  My head started to spin and I said F*CK IT.  I have 4 reserved tables- don't know who will sit there, and nothing else.  I just wasted my entire day on this sh*t.  I haven't even decided if I'm going to break the news to my mom yet.
May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary

Re: Table Name Headache!!!!

• Options
    We had two tables reserved for my family and DH's family. My mom decided who those people where as did MIL. It was just our parents, siblings and their spouses and grandparents.

I would just do one family table per side and let someone decide who those people are, but I think it would be best to stick to immediate because there is less than extended.... it can get messy that way and people might be upset.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards