Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Good Morning all!

As I'm sure you read in previous posts we had a lot of action on here on Friday.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine was pretty laid back. FI and I finally saw Inception and went out on Friday night for drinks and dinner.

Inception was AWESOME (IMO), has anyone else seen it?

RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!
    Wow... there was a lot of action here on Friday... I was home this weekend and had FSILs bridal shower which was really nice. There were SO many ppl there (80) and she got some really nice things. I was also able to go to the bridal salon and try on my dress again (with pics this time) and ended up buying a long veil and sash for my dress! I'm really excited. Other than that, just a very busy, short weekend! On a complete seperate note, it's my puppy's bday today :) and I start my classes for the fall semester tongiht...  Hope everyone has a great day.

J - I havent seen inception but I've really wanted to! I heard it was a bit hard to follow at times but amazing... As soon as I can find time to go I def want to see it!
  • Options
    anne513anne513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM! This weekend was pretty uneventful. I did design the invitations, menus, RSVPS, and program cover for the wedding. One of my BMs is pregnant and she found out she's having a boy! I love shopping for babies and this one is extra special! Also, FI and I looked online at a few rings...we are trying to decide on both of our rings.

Jamie: There really was a lot of action on Friday! I haven't seen Inception yet but it's on the list.

GIanna: Glad you had a great weekend In PGH. 80 ppl is alot!! I'm sure she got a ton of great gifts. Happy Birthday to your puppy!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anne - so exciting your BM is having a boy! I agree - I also love shopping for babies.

Also, I really hope everyone doesn't stay away from posting because of the comments made on Friday!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, GMC!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning all. I was wondering if we were still doing the GM posts after all of Friday's action. I wasn't on until last night, but it was some fun Sunday evening reading.

I had a busy/stressful weekend as has been my life lately with work and the wedding coming up (in the teens today..19 days to go). FI was really upset because our RSVP deadline was this Saturday, and although we havent heard from about 30 some ppl (plus their guests), our acceptance % was much lower than we expected. At first I was disapointed, and he was angry because we still have to pay a minimum at the Sheraton and we dont want to pay for people that aren't there, but then we came up with a good solution--we are adding time onto our reception! I'm pretty excited. I think we may extend the reception a half hour and then add some hors d'oeuvres to make up for the money. I'm actually happier with that so I'll have more time to enjoy with the people I actually want there.

I taught all day Sunday then FI and I went to dinner. Busy week again, and my final fitting is Wed.

Jamie-saw Inception and I think I was one of the few people who didnt like it. It reminded me too much of a Matrix type movie.
    Gia- Happy bday to your puppy...my kitten, Cheesestick's bday was Saturday, but his gift didnt come in yet. I think he was ticked off at me for it. I got him a toilet-shaped drinking fountain, since he likes to drink out of the toilet Tongue out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:035025c5-a01c-4c12-aa86-d72a70041cae">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also, I really hope everyone doesn't stay away from posting because of the comments made on Friday!!
    Posted by gmc22[/QUOTE]

<div>Wouldn't this just be the same old, same old around here anymore?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bachelorette party on Saturday was one of the best nights I've had in a very.very. long time! We went to dinner at PGH Steak Company, got martinis at the Library and spent most of the night at Charlie Murdock's (sp?). My mom stayed out with us till 2am!

Yesterday was a day of rest and celebrating my sister's bday.

I can not believe how close my wedding is getting! Getting really excited- I went from a month of high stress and anxiety to a (hopefully) optimistic month of excitement and enjoyment!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GMC- Happy Birthday to your puppy!!!!
    Jamie- I still love the name Cheesestick! Sounds like you got things under control for the reception. Yay for your final fitting!
    Anne- will she be pregnant for the wedding? I just saw on FB two bridesmaids that were pregnant. They looked adorable!!

Although there were some comments on our good morning posts, I enjoy them, and I hope others do too, so let's keep them up and if people, who never participate in them, think they are "too nice" then who cares. I think we have a good thing going! :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    slm- If you are unhappy with our board, then why are you posting here? Doesn't seem worth your time.

Duq- That's awesome that you had such a fun bachelorette party!! That is awesome that your Mom stayed out so long!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:e59c647b-1323-4295-a933-73ee6b1f3ad6">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Wouldn't this just be the same old, same old around here anymore?
    Posted by slm13[/QUOTE]

Ditto Shannon, I can see you guys want things to get back to normal (ie. boring and puppies and rainbows). Have fun with that.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies! I was one of the older girls who showed up on Friday. I just thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers me at all...
  • Options
    anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    Jamie: She will not be pregnant for the wedding. He will be 4 months old (if she delivers on her due date in Jan). We kind of planned the date with her in mind b/c I want her to be comfortable.
    I'm already picking out wedding shoes and outfits for him!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Morning all. Thought it'd be interesting to pop back on and see what happened today.
    image.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning! Friday I took my sister and her room mate out to dinner and Saturday we had a surprise birthday party for my BM and best friend, which actually turned into a birthday/engagement party because her bf proposed to her while they were away at her cabin over the weekend! I am so excited! Yesterday I went with my dad to the Village to get fitted for his tux and I also had to drop my ring off to get re-finished so that it matches my wedding band.

Also, I personally like this board because everyone is so nice. I used to post on other boards but left quickly. I don't understand why some people are so mean for no good reason. I deal with enough snarkiness on a daily basis and like coming here to hear everyone's updates. Just my 2 cents.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goodmorning everyone, I was just catching up on posts and boy did I miss all the older ladies! Loved thrices comments. Hi sara- I haven't seen you on since before your wedding, how was it? And where are all you old ladies posting these days? I'm constantly in need of good snarky advice, lol!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Marbus and Elisha!

Elisha- Are you getting excited?!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:4e5beb1d-745e-4f59-916c-066a07ebc6da">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also, I personally like this board because everyone is so nice. I used to post on other boards but left quickly. I don't understand why some people are so mean for no good reason. I deal with enough snarkiness on a daily basis and like coming here to hear everyone's updates. Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by ros3392[/QUOTE]

People aren't mean, they are just being honest, which doesn't happen on here at all! This is just a board for people to get approval on what they want to do, regardless of if anyone else agrees with it.

Don't you get tired of talking about wedding updates and stuff all the time?! Make a poll, learn about each other for once. Weddings are just one day.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:4e5beb1d-745e-4f59-916c-066a07ebc6da">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! Friday I took my sister and her room mate out to dinner and Saturday we had a surprise birthday party for my BM and best friend, which actually turned into a birthday/engagement party because her bf proposed to her while they were away at her cabin over the weekend! I am so excited! Yesterday I went with my dad to the Village to get fitted for his tux and I also had to drop my ring off to get re-finished so that it matches my wedding band.<strong> Also, I personally like this board because everyone is so nice. I used to post on other boards but left quickly. I don't understand why some people are so mean for no good reason. I deal with enough snarkiness on a daily basis and like coming here to hear everyone's updates. Just my 2 cents.</strong>
    Posted by ros3392[/QUOTE]

I agree. If people don't like the GM posts then just don't post. Those of us who do post enjoy it.

ETA: We don't just post wedding planning updates. Most of the time our posts are about our everyday lives and we do learn a lot about each other through these posts....
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:f076b098-d9bd-4f91-ad67-7c6d039aac12">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : People aren't mean, they are just being honest, which doesn't happen on here at all! This is just a board for people to get approval on what they want to do, regardless of if anyone else agrees with it. Don't you get tired of talking about wedding updates and stuff all the time?! Make a poll, learn about each other for once. Weddings are just one day.
    Posted by JennyBee1018[/QUOTE]

This.

Meg- Things are going great. I'm kind of waiting to see what is going to explode. Which of my BMs are going to punch each other first or which of my parents are going cause me to go blind from annoying the p!ss out of me. Other than that I'm digging it.
    image.
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The good morning posts are pleasant, and fairly harmless.  The ones that irritate me are the endless "recommend a DJ and photographer" posts that get made.  They end up being the same thing over and over again, and most of the recommendations made are the ones already listed on the Recommended Vendors list.  I don't answer them anymore because if the posters would bother to scroll back over the past month, they'd see 10 posts (at least) with the same recommendations/information.  

I guess because when I started posting here, things were 99% wedding related, I just assumed that was the way the board went.  Interesting.

Also-- good morning everyone!  This could be an interesting Monday around here...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:b1426325-18e7-4979-9cce-32c363c76640">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goodmorning everyone, I was just catching up on posts and boy did I miss all the older ladies! Loved thrices comments. Hi sara- I haven't seen you on since before your wedding, how was it? And where are all you old ladies posting these days? I'm constantly in need of good snarky advice, lol!
    Posted by brivb10[/QUOTE]

<div><div><div>Get KTFU and come play on The Bump!  :P</div><div>
    </div><div>Just kidding!  </div></div></div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree w/ ros and anne - I feel like I get to know the ladies moreso through the GM post - learning about their daily lives etc. - than through a poll...
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:f076b098-d9bd-4f91-ad67-7c6d039aac12">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : People aren't mean, they are just being honest, which doesn't happen on here at all! This is just a board for people to get approval on what they want to do, regardless of if anyone else agrees with it. <strong>Don't you get tired of talking about wedding updates and stuff all the time?! Make a poll, learn about each other for once. Weddings are just one day.</strong>
    Posted by JennyBee1018[/QUOTE]

it is a wedding planning website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:a8ab7282-4087-4cc4-a2cf-dc426218a68a">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : it is a wedding planning website.
    Posted by jrsygrl10[/QUOTE]

Oh JBean, you are so funny. You trying to fit in with these girls?

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Get KTFU and come play on The Bump!  :P Just kidding!  
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Ahh I've missed this!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:39e1d09a-00a4-4c8f-b578-c76f841d5cfcPost:a8ab7282-4087-4cc4-a2cf-dc426218a68a">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : it is a wedding planning website.
    Posted by jrsygrl10[/QUOTE]

Oh. Yes that's right. Thank goodness you were here to stop us before we made a mistake like talking about something off subject like what we did this weekend.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was absolutely perfect! Thanks for asking! Everything went done with out a hitch- absolutely the best day of my life. Loved every second.
    And my honeymoon was amazing as well- we left the Monday after the wedding, and spent two weeks in Greece and Turkey. Taking a cruise between the two. It was awesome.

And just to chime in a bit... its great that you guys are all lovey dovey towards each other. But I think you all need to throw your personalites and honest opinions into the mix from time to time.  It might be a little nerve racking at first- but trust me, that's how you make friends and its certainly the way to liven up the board.
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Morning all!  Friday looked fun.  I guess I shouldn't write about the weekend I spent playing with rainbow colored puppies while riding a unicorn....

I agree with Ash-I HATE posters that ask for recommendations when they are in a sticky right at the top of this board!

Also, I don't mind non-wedding related posts or a little snarkiness.  I dont see the point in being snarky just for the hell of it though.  I hope some of the older girls come back and post more... nothing wrong with some variety.

My students came back Saturday, and things have been CRAZY. I feel like I wont be around as much in the next few weeks as I deal with their beginning of the year stuff and my upcoming trip to Pittsburgh to book a venue/photographer.
  • Options
    yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone!

Sara - congrats on your wedding! What have you been up to since graduation?
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    mars- we are going to Greece for our honeymoon. Not a cruise, but 4 days in Athens and 5 on Santorini. Any recommendations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards