Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

October Wedding and the Steelers

Although the 2013 Steeler schedule isn't out, everyone is worried that a Pittsburgh wedding in October will cause our guests headaches because of the Steelers and hotels. Should I be worried? I figure with enough advanced warning, our guests won't have a problem.

Re: October Wedding and the Steelers

• where are you planning to have your reception?

i think that the north shore would likely be the most impacted place. we are having ours at PNC park and they would not let us block hotel rooms until the schedule was out. thankfully the steelers are playing away the weekend of our wedding, but if they had been at home, the hotels wouldnt have let us book a block rooms because they know they will get top dollar from people going to the steeler game.  but there are hotels downtown not far from there that will let you block rooms when there are home games. honestly i dont think it would be a problem in any other area of the city.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • North Shore/side gets DESTROYED by Steeler home games.  I'd be wary of Downtown, too; it could be a big game like Baltimore and hotel rooms are gone all over the city.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • It all depends on where the wedding is at.  As long as you are able to avoid the North Shore you should be fine.  Luckily this city has a lot of hotels!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The PGH Steelers schedules was released on April 30th, you can go to their official website to look it over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I grew up on the Northside so I know to avoid anything there. I'm looking at the Pittsburgh Opera for the reception with maybe the ceremony in the North Hills. I definitely wasn't planning for a Sunday wedding, and Pitt's schedule says they're away at Navy for the date we're thinking.
  • Hopefully your wedding will fall on an away weekend ! Mine is Dec 8th at Heinz History Center - most of the hotels said rooms will be $300/night if it's a home game. We sent our save the dates out pretty far in advanced . Downtown or the North Side will be a mess - me I am excited that it's a home game !
    happy planning xoxo Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards