Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Springwood Conference Center

Does anyone know how much Springwood Conference Center charges for a wedding ceremony?  My fiance and I are planning our reception for the Pittsburgh Zoo and were looking at Springwood for our ceremony since it's so close.  When I emailed them then won't give me a price unless I make an appointment.  I wanted to have a basic idea before I meet with them.

Re: Springwood Conference Center

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is $1000, but I'm not positive.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, they are snarky about that. they only give prices out in person, and not until the very end of the tour. i can't recall what it cost to rent the space. i only recall that their cheapest reception package was $145pp. i ran screaming from that place. and wasn't super impressed with it as it was. the outside space to get married in was decent though. that was about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That irritated me about Springwood too. What really got me was if you have your reception there, and want to do the ceremony it was an additional $1000. That is crazy, since the space is just sitting there. I understand a couple hundred to set up chairs and stuff, but that was ridiculous!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed. and that outdoor space was the only decent part that i liked.

we paid for our ceremony at the same venue as the reception, but it was a per person fee and i think it was only like $1.50pp..so it was basically like renting the chair. that was fine with me, since they did need to flip the room. for a hot minute DH wanted to get married elsewhere, but it just didn't make sense to pay so much to rent space somewhere. even a church was going to be more than what the venue wanted to charge us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Twentieth Century Club doesn't charge for you to use their ceremony room. You obviously have to pay if you want your florist to put chair covers, etc and they won't do the ceremony coordinating, but since it is there and no one is using it because there is only one event a day, then it is all yours. I really appreciated this.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    woohooo! that's awesome!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your responses!  One thousand dollars for the ceremony does seem pretty pricey!
  • Options
    Sunshine3414Sunshine3414 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure it's $1000 for the ceremony if you're having your reception there.  If you wanted to do ceremony only, I think it's $1500.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just there on Friday, it is 1500 just for the ceremony. It includes set up chairs for 150 people, music, microphone, sound system, groom and bride dressing areas and a coordinator.  If you want an outdoor ceremony its not that bad of a price if you figure the cost of renting all of that stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards