June 2013 Weddings

Tasting!

Today is our first tasting at our venue! I'm so excited!!! It's also the first time we hear the DJ options and speak to the bakers. :) 

Hopefully all goes well and we aren't disappointed! I'm a little nervous that we aren't going to like the food.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tasting!

• Eeeek Exciting!

I hope it goes amazingly well for you and you have no doubts afterwards!

Do come back and tell how it all went.
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Ahh how exciting! Have fun! I want to know what your menu's looking like! ^_^

I had a cake tasting yesterday- OMG. The owners are a husband and wife- First of all the wife (who does most of the baking and all of the decorating) is the sweetest, cutest little thing I've ever met. And the husband, who also bakes and handles all the logistical stuff, he was so funny and welcoming. The bakery was a little farther than we anticipated, and we got a bit lost getting there, so we ended up not getting there until after closing time, but they were still so welcoming and willing to accomodate us. It was a fantastic experience. And we got some creme brulee cake pops to take home- FANTASTIC.

*rave over lol* I hope your experience is just as great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • so exciting!! please come back and tell us how it went! Our tasting wont be until the beginning of next year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well we went there all excited and left horribly disappointed. I don't think I can fully explain how awful it was. Just all around-it was a poor event.

They were disorganized from the get-go. You walk in and there are no signs telling you where to go. People ended up in the wrong line, it was a mess that could have been easily avoided with some organization. They sold so many tickets but they didn't pay attention to the exact amount so there wasn't enough seats! They kept announcing that when you were done, stand up so others can sit. 

There wasn't a knife to be found so everyone was struggling to eat their food with forks. There were no drinks, not even water-everything had to be purchased at the cash bar. (we paid for the tickets, the least they could do is hand out a bottle of water to everyone)

Now...the food.
    The potatoes were good, but it's tough to mess up roasted & mashed potatoes. The pasta with marinara was forgettable but the pasta with alfredo was good! The meats were all congealed, it looked like they had pre-packaged frozen food that they just heated up. Somehow they made chicken look and taste like pork! 
    The vegetarian lasagna was just a pile of mush. FI tried it and almost threw up! 

We left horribly disappointed and dreading having to put together a menu off of those choices. :( 

The only positive review was from one of the cake bakers...she was friendly and knew immediately what we were trying to do and quoted us a very reasonable price! So that's good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no Klyn!!
    I'm soooo sorry!!! That is terrible.

I don't even know what to say :s  I really hope they get their act together (and possible a new head cook) by next June!! Hopefully things improve greatly by then!

I'm glad the baker was better to deal with. Oh, how was the DJ?
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • I'm tempted to send them an email asking if that is what we should expect or if they will be improving...but I don't want to sound snarky! Yet at the same time, how can they fix something if they don't know it's horrible?

The DJ was pretty good, FI looked at the two options and decided on the flashier one. The one he chose has a nice set-up, seems professional yet not cheesy. The other one had a laptop and a few speakers and FI felt it wasn't enough. ::shrugs:: I could care less as long as they pronounce my name right, and pay attention to the "do not play" list. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry you were disappointed! I would definitely send them an email. I cant believe they didnt even give you water. I would understand charging for alcohol, but pop, water, etc, should have been included with the price of your ticket. They shouldnt even be charging you to have a tasting honestly. I know at our venue, 2 people are allowed to go to the tasting for free, but if we wanted to bring additional people there would be a charge.Are you allowed to go to any more tastings? Hopefully it gets better!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • They get away with charging because they call it an "event" and have multiple vendors there. It's like a mini bridal show. We can go to as many as we want, however we have to buy tickets each time and they are $12-$15 each. I'm going to request a private one though. If they can't make the time to show us exactly what food we want for our wedding-I'm going to lose it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards