June 2013 Weddings

Let's talk Honeymoons!

Where are you/hope to go for your honeymoon?

We haven't picked a place just yet but we're leaning towards Bahamas (It's the only place we've looked so far lol)

But Antigua, Turks & Caicos, Maui and some others are also on our list to look at.

How about you?
June '13 - Cake!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25

Re: Let's talk Honeymoons!

• FI and I are going to Vegas. He has never been, and I went 3 year ago and loved it. We will probably drive there because FI wants to take a road trip as well. I want to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel, but we have yet to book a room.

Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Aruba! We decided that all-inclusive was the best way to go for us. We are looking forward to lounging on the beach and drinking pina coladas all day long without having to worry about bringing/setting aside a lot of extra money for food. I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's an all-inclusive resort that's adult only. I've never been out of the country so I'm super excited about our Honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going on a cruise. Leaving out of New Orleans, going to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. He hasn't been to any of the places, and I've only been to Cozumel. We love cruising and are really excited to go! We're leaving the day after the wedding so we'll be going on very little sleep.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Still not sure.  Maybe Puerto Rico or somewhere else in the Carribean OR Las Vegas and California.  Decsions, decisions...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We aren't 100% sure yet because of budget constraints, but we are thinking of going to Turks and Caicos - Club Med Turkoise.   If we can't find a good deal though, then we'll more than likely head to Jamaica :)
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're going to Puerto Rico and we've got our flights and a condo reserved. We enjoy getting out to see the sights, so we'll also be renting a car to get around the island. I'm looking forward to hiking in the rainforest, going on a bio-bay tour, and eating (and drinking, I'm sure) my face off. We leave the Monday after our wedding at some ridiculously early time, and we'll back Sunday afternoon. We haven't had a vacation since last summer and we can't wait to go away.
  • Scotland and surrounding vicinity in 2014.  I'm kind of sad we have to wait that long but we'll be able to save our money for a better trip.  In the meantime, Washington DC in 2013 is the tentative plan.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I have talked about this a few times and decided that we are going to just wing something after the wedding.  We'll likely end up in N.H. or Maine since they're drivable for us and neither of us wants to fly plus we don't really have the budget to go any too far.  We've been looking at the White Mountains.  We will be going to disney in the spring or summer of 2014.
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are actively talking about Maui and Kauai. FI has never been out the Hawaiian islands, but I have many times. It's really the perfect place for us to take our honeymoon, mainly because the travel time is minimal and we'll still end up in a tropical climate that is far enough away from our home in Los Angeles (neither of us are interested in going to Mexico, both have been several times, and it's not far enough away -Lol!). Plus, it's a bit more budget friendly for us at this point. 

We both love to travel though and plan to take many trips throughout our marriage. So, I'm not worried that our honeymoon won't be a huge international adventure. And we both agreed that this trip is meant to be for total relaxation and just vegging out on the beach!

*I'm with you Mrs. Kaiser! Get me a drink and keep 'em coming!!!

Anniversary
  • We're having a SURPRISE honeymoon! I'm super excited about this.

So the story behind it is that my mom decided instead of contributing to the wedding she wanted to gift us our entire honeymoon. My mom is a big time traveler (just got back from Peru-Machu Pichu on Sunday) and loves to research destinations...so we know whatever she decides will be amazing! The only criteria we gave her was that we would love for it to be near a beach and hopefully have some snorkeling. Can't wait to see what she comes up with. I don't think she's planning to tell us anything until the night of our wedding!

• sssdee we LOVE the Bahamas. FI and I have been there 8 times and it's our favorite place. I highly recommend it. 

We are going for 11 days to Hawaii. The 1st half will be in Ohau and the 2nd half will be in Maui. We rented one of those top-open jeeps for Maui and have a bunch of stuff planned already. We are also going to book a trip to Volcano National Park. Neither of us have been there before, or even to the Pacific Ocean, so we are really excited. 
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • We are thinking somewhere tropical - since we originally wanted a tropical destination wedding before the family freaked out.

So - Hawaii, Turcs and Caicos, Fiji , Bora Bora?? Not sure.

If we couldn't manage those my next choice would be Italy.
  • Allusive, that sounds awesome! I would love that!

We're doing a big road trip. How big I'm not sure yet. It depends on FI making up his mind about how long he wants to leave the dog for, haha. 

Our first option is the one I want, which is to drive all the way from NY to Seattle, down the California coast, across the upper southwest, then back up. We'd pick five cities to stop at along the way to stay in a super swank hotel and be the ultimate tourists.

Our second option, the shorter trip, is to fly to Seattle, stay there a day or two, rent a car and drive down the coast, taking about a few days to do so so that we can stop at a bunch of places along the way and play tourist, then fly back from either San Diego or Pheonix. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We haven't book anything but we are looking into going on a cruise for 7 days in August to Cococay, Bahamas, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. I am so exicted bc neither fi or i have been on a cruise before so I really think it should be fun!!!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • We haven't decided on where yet but we do know when.  We are going until the beginning of September since we have a break from school then.  We are trying to decide between Puerto Rico and San Francisco and wine country.  Any and all recommendations are welcome.
  • We have a cross-country road trip that's mandatory and will be occurring promptly once we're man and wife. We haven't yet decided if our tiny human will join us or not, mostly because it's going to be a very long drive and we want to do it quickly. We have rough plans to go camping in Costa Rica, although we aren't certain when that will occur.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We are going to the Florida Keys :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsPrice, you need to go to this dessert and wine restaurant while you're in the Keys so that I can live vicariously through you: http://www.betterthansexkw.com/ (it's not a naughty link, I promise, that's just the name of the restaurant).
  • We knew we wanted something all inclusive so we decided to go with Secrets Resort in Jamaica. We can’t wait to just relax and after all this planning we are going to need it! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Maui, we've been looking at the hotels this past weekend and we are hoping to book over the weekend once we narrow down our choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are planning on Ambergris Caye, Belize.  We both love the beach and love to snorkel, this has been on our wish list for a long time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were considering going to the bahamas too but the weather for a June wedding doesn't agree with a carribean honeymoon :/ rather risking it we decided to play it safe and go to Mexico, we are going to an all inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta Mexico and booked a bunch of great activities for super cheap through an outside travel agent online. I checked their lic. and everything was legit so for uder 2k we got round trip tickets and a 8 day 7 night stay all inclusive package plus too many to name activities! If anyone is interested in going to puerto vallarta I say check out http://www.puertovallartatours.net/ I will update you guys after I go and let you know how it was ;) (I am sure it will be amazing!)
  • We are going on a cruise to the bahamas, st. thomas and st marteen. Im so excited my FI has never been on a cruise before but this will be my 4th!!! and a little jewelry store in st. thomas is where my engagement ring came from!
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • We haven't decided yet, but it's definitely going to be Carribbean. I have been to Puerto Rico countless times becuase my family is from there, so if anyone wants information about what to do/not to do from an experienced 'gringa' PM me! 
    PS: hands down, El Conquistador is the best resort on the island, my FI proposed to me there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WOW!!! All of these sound wonderful. FI is planning ours, but I know it's not going to be far. I'm not that comfortable being more than a days drive away from the kids. However, after our couple nights away (not much, I know), we are taking a full blown family vacation to Disney. It will be a total of 8 days . =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a little late to the game, per usual :)

But we will be spending the majority of our honeymoon in Vero Beach, Florida (I've never flown before, so a trip out of the country would definitely be too much- a three-hour flight to Florida is much easier for my nerves haha). We have to fly into Orlando, though, and then drive to Vero Beach, so for the first two days of our honeymoon, we'll be in Disney World. I'm super excited because I have never been and 2 days is the perfect amount of time in my opinion, and FI can't wait because he used to work at Disney and wants to show me around. Then we'll have a full week to relax on the beach. I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards