June 2013 Weddings
Options

Date Night

What is your favorite thing you and your FI have done for a date?

FI and I are always looking for new things to do.  And with the weekend coming up, it seems like a great time for this topic. :)

Re: Date Night

• Options
    Hmmm... Our first date was nice, Outback dinner, a car show, and line dancing into the night lol.  

Honestly when we are bored, we go around and look at open houses on weekends and daydream about buying our own house one day lol.  On a side note he used to work for a company that wired all these houses, so hes really just touring me through them lol.

We are also hunters, so sometimes we drive around at dusk to watch all the beautiful deer come out.  As hunters we know the signs and where to look for them and are guaranteed to see them by the dozen, they are lots of fun to watch.

Uh, what else creative have we done... we also like to shoot, so we go to shooting ranges to practice with our firearms.  If you have a 22 ammo is super duper cheap and many ranges let you rent their guns if you just want to go for a day and don't own any firearms.  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My favorite dates that we do are when we pick a town with a cute, active downtown and wander around it for hours. It's fun playing tourist even when it's only 15 minutes away from home. We go into all the shops, get lunch/dinner and maybe stay out later than usual and have a drink or two. 

We also do game nights at home, by ourselves. Sounds lame but it's so fun. We are obsessed with the boardgame Life and have spent many nights at the dining room table playing game after game. (usually ends with FI complaining that I've won for the 3rd time in a row and that he's convinced I've cheated somewhere. He's a sore loser. LOL)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite thing to do with fi is on a day we both have off to go for a long drive. We usually takebthe backroads to the beach which takes about 45 minutes. We stop and pick up dough boys or clam cakes on the way and eat them on the sea wall.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Fiance and I play lots of card games. He loves Poker and I love Pinochle. So we usually have drinks and play card games. Another thing we like to do (and usually only do it once or twice a year) I pick a fancy restaurant and go have a nice meal all dressed up. Just being with him is a good enough date for me. (my fi likes 4 hours away from me right now. so any time we get together is amazing!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    FI and I do a lot of geocaching -- it's really fun.  It's like a worldwide treasure hunt... all you need is a GPS or a phone with GPS/Google Map capabilities.

Go to www.geocaching.com and search the maps for where you live -- it'll show you all of the caches hidden nearby.  We like to find a pretty area (park, forest, waterfront walk, etc.) and spend a few hours searching for a bunch of hidden caches in that area.  It's something you can do together as a team and you feel great when you find them!  :)
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_date-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:25138723-a790-44b3-9994-e246bc298db7Post:d7c8863c-d3fa-4e41-8061-6dd9ba1ba9dd">Re: Date Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I do a lot of geocaching -- it's really fun.  It's like a worldwide treasure hunt... all you need is a GPS or a phone with GPS/Google Map capabilities. Go to <a href="http://www.geocaching.com" rel="nofollow">www.geocaching.com</a> and search the maps for where you live -- it'll show you all of the caches hidden nearby.  We like to find a pretty area (park, forest, waterfront walk, etc.) and spend a few hours searching for a bunch of hidden caches in that area.  It's something you can do together as a team and you feel great when you find them!  :)
    Posted by JennLax[/QUOTE]

I have never hear of this. It sounds very interesting!  I will defitintely check it out.
  • Options
    We live in NYC so there's never a shortage of interesting bars, restaurants, movies, theaters, etc to explore. A typical date night is dinner and drinks out, although often we'll just buy good quality ingredients to make a nice dinner at home and then play Scattergories or Trivial Pursuit. 
    My favorite date though is a "day date" - wine tasting out on Long Island. Love it. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    Since money is pretty limited for us (college and bills), we usually end up doing the same thing each date night. Go out to Panera (one of our FAVOURITE places to eat), and if there is a movie out that we want to see, we'll go to that. If money is a little bit of an issue, then we'll just get a frozen pizza from the grocery store, and watch a movie that we have in our DVD collection. We're both pretty happy with the 'simple' date night as long as we have some time to spend together enjoying each other's company. <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards