June 2013 Weddings
Options

NWR: Guest Inviting friends to BBQ

Can’t believe how rude some people are. My SO and I are hosting a B-day BBQ tomorrow for our birthdays. (His is the 18th, mine was the 10th) The RSVP date was a week ago, be we extended it to the 10th to make sure everyone had a chance to let us know if they are attending or not. I just got a text a few minutes ago from a male friend saying “I have a plus one tomorrow. Amanda. She’s a friend of mine, michelle and ally. Cool?”

Um…no. Michelle and Ally were not invited to the BBQ, and I don’t know this girl…

It’s not like this random girl is his girlfriend or anything, so I don’t feel he should have invited her… Am I wrong? And to invite two other people as well?  We already bought food and have just enough space for the people who are coming and now this friend is adding another three people the day before… And this guest already knows most of the people that will be at the BBQ, so its not like hes going to be alone the whole time.

I told him that it wasn't cool of him to invite three extra people to the BBQ  and now he is trying to guilt trip me into it... I'm about to snap at him and tell him to F-off. I'm usually pretty calm, but I feel that this was something he should have discussed with me DAYS ago.

Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Guest Inviting friends to BBQ

• Options
    I feel your pain, I don't know why people do that. He def shoud've asked you days ago. How does FI feel about it? Could you tell him he could come if he brings more food? Like a side dish, or extra burgers, or soda or something?
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_nwr-guest-inviting-friends-to-bbq?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:26b96371-48c6-4036-acef-7149cadca6f4Post:ec95b27a-ad78-4128-a1c8-5adb5045a9aa">Re: NWR: Guest Inviting friends to BBQ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel your pain, I don't know why people do that. He def shoud've asked you days ago. How does FI feel about it? Could you tell him he could come if he brings more food? Like a side dish, or extra burgers, or soda or something?
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]

FI is frustrated too. We don't know M&A that well, and they are also under 21 and we don't want to be stuck keeping an eye on them all night. That's the main reason why we didn't invite them. (There will be a keg and lots of booze)
    As for A, I don't feel comfortable having a complete stranger in my house.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just be blunt with him and say that you don't want to be liable for underage girls and you don't feel comfortable having a stranger in your house. Also maybe throw in the fact that you've talked to your FI and he feels the same way? Hopefully your friend gets a hint and stops trying to guilt trip you. Have fun on your BBQ!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't know they are underage, that's a great point. I would totally tell them that you are not going to allow people who you don't know that are underage be at your house and be responsible for them. Valid reason.

Speaking of people being rude/drinking, we had a block party on Sat, so everything was set up in the front yard. All the neighbors grill in their front, kids have free range of the streets since it's closed, and there;'s tons of activities going on. We had lots of family and friends over, and we had the keg in the front and were playing beer pong. (Oh, everyone you invite gets a bracelet so neighbors know they are a part of the party if they want to get the free food or raffles and stuff.) Some kid walks into my driveway, past all of us standing right there, and grabs a cup and starts looking around. I said to FI "Who is that, I don't know him" so the kid says to FI "Do you mind if I have a beer?" FI says yeah I mind, you have no bracelet, and do you have ID? The kid says "ID, really? I'm like 30." Haha yeah right, He looked more like 19, obviously had no ID, and if you are going to fake being of drinking age, stick to your 20's, not 30's, that's clearly a lie. He left, went to the neighbor who had like 50 people there, and got a beer from them. Oh well, not my problem. But how friggen rude?!?!? He went back later and got another one too, wtf. I don't get people sometimes.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    Thats just rude of your friend. I would definitely not budge on letting the friends come, especially since they are underage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards