June 2013 Weddings
Options

Shoes??

How much is too much to spend on shoes?? My dress was double what I had originally budgeted, but when I cried in it, I knew it was the one.
I found a pair of shoes that I am in love with, but they are $400. I'm thinking that's just too much. I know I would wear them a lot afterwards, but still.  I keep telling myself they are too much, but everything else I look at just doesn't compare.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoes??

• Options
    Probably under $100. I'd go up to maybe $120 for something I couldn't live without. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with cnf, I think staying around or under 100 is reasonable. Spending more than that on a wedding related item that most people won't see/notice doesn't make much sense to me, I'd rather take the extra cash and put it towards something else.
  • Options
    I spent $125, but I really had hoped to spend less. But I really love them, they are very comfortable but still sparkly, pretty, and have a nice sized heal, and i know I will wear them again so I was ok with it in the end. I just didn't want to spend $100+ on shoes that I would wear just for my wedding.

However, I LOVE shoes, and if you have the money for those $400 ones, and wouldn't be taking for something more important, knwing you will wear them again I would do it. To me, the right show adds to your whole look, wedding or not, and makes you feel pretty/sexy. So again, if you LOVE them, make sure you can absolutely afford them 1st, then go for it and MAKE SURE you wear them every chance you get afterwards.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:34b93aed-f5f5-498e-a456-163ceb9ed7f3Post:46123bcf-254a-45d5-b050-d69366ba6f4a">Re: Shoes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spent $125, but I really had hoped to spend less. But I really love them, they are very comfortable but still sparkly, pretty, and have a nice sized heal, and i know I will wear them again so I was ok with it in the end. I just didn't want to spend $100+ on shoes that I would wear just for my wedding. However, I LOVE shoes, and <strong>if you have the money for those $400 ones, and wouldn't be taking for something more important, knwing you will wear them again I would do it.</strong> To me, the right show adds to your whole look, wedding or not, and makes you feel pretty/sexy. So again, if you LOVE them, make sure you can absolutely afford them 1st, then go for it and MAKE SURE<strong> you wear them every chance you get afterwards.</strong>
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]

I agree with the bolded part! I love shoes, and I haven't bought an expensive pair for a while, so I feel that as long as I can wear the shoes again after the wedding it's totally worth it. Do you have a picture?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012

I just bought my shoes a few days ago actually, and I spent $50, they are from dsw. I went into dsw looking for sandals, lol not wedding shoes.  I planned on spending wayyyy more, but I fell in love with this pair and had to have them. I am definitely getting a pair of reception shoes though also, either flats or some kind of sandal, so it gives me more to spend on that. I think 400 is a lot to spend on shoes, especially since you spent double your original dress budget. Are you having a veil or headpiece? alterations for your dress? All these little things add up, veils can be crazy expensive, but if you have the money and love them, then go for it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think it will depend on what shoes I end up deciding to get. Right now I'm debating between the more traditional bridal shoes or getting red shoes that are more my normal style. If I go with red I'll be willing to spend way more on the shoes probably like around $200 because red shoes will be easy to wear again. If I get the more traditional bridal shoes in like a white or silver I won't spend more then $100 because I'm kidding myself if I really think an opportunity that they will work to wear again will ever come along.

If the shoes are some like name brand that you've always dreamed of owning a pair of and you can make it work in your budget, and you know youll wear them again I think for a wedding is a good time to go crazy splurge on a pair of expensive heels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree.. I think if the shoes are in the 100s then that is good.. besides, will you even keep them on the entire time? i plan to kick mines off at the reception after I meet and greet. Maybe you could spend that extra on something else.. Just a thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     These are the ones. I don't want to have to worry about 2 pairs because my FI is 11 inches taller than me and alterations on the hem of my dress depend on the shoes I wear. These I would wear every chance I got. I probably won't get them. But a girl can dream. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG I LOVE THEM!!!!! If I could walk in those, I would buy them. I would break my ankle though, or be able to wear them for a whole 5 min.

Sorry, me gushing over them is probably not helping you since you said you probably won't buy them, but those are really pretty, and I am a sucker for things with sparkles/rhinestones/bling.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    I love those shoes! I actually want something similar but can't seem to find the perfect pair. I would definitely spend the money on shoes if you can without sacrificing on something else and you would wear them again. I will probably spend more then I want to but I wear all sorts of crazy shoes all the time so it'll pay off in the end. If you can afford it and realistically justify it then do it. It's your one day to feel like a queen, take advantage of it.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just saw shoes almost identical to the ones you want at David's Bridal for $40. Obviously they won't be as extravagant as the $400 ones but if you want the look for a lot less you can check them out. I think the brand was Michealangelo.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Probably no more than $50

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards