June 2013 Weddings
Options

AW Monday

It is Monday right? I'm camping and I kind of lost track of the days!!

What do you have to AW?

My AW is that FI got me the most adorable card for my birthday. It made me, my mom and my aunt all cry! The best part is that everyone wanted to read it and FI wasn't embarrassed to pass it around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: AW Monday

• Options
    My AW is that I bought 18 eggplant purple table runners for $36 including shipping off the TK classifieds. The girl I bought them from just sent me a tracking number. I assume it's for USPS, but I don't know. Either way, I'm excited. Our venue provides white, ivory or black table linens for free but charges per table for custom colors. This will be way cheaper. 

Also, my triathlon is on Sunday! And I was talking to my boss about ime off today. I only started with my agency back in March and wasn't quite sure how it accrued. I have 9.5 days of paid time off I can use right now. I'm taking Friday off and maybe Thursday. We'll see. FI and I were going to go to summer camp and hang out Thursday, but when I brought it up this morning he got pissy about it. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My AW is that I just found out what FI and I are doing for my birthday this weekend! He and I usually plan weekend getaways for each other instead of gifts, and this year he's taking me to Martha's Vineyard! I'm super excited. Plus it will be so nice for us to hang out together for 2 days, he's been working weekends for over a month now, so we haven't had a date nigth for a while (weekends are the only time my parents can watch our daughter).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My AW is a little nerdy. I am a teacher in a town about 20 minutes from my apartment and my classroom is being renovated this summer. I haven't been in to check on it but since I teach summer school at a school nearby and that started up again today, I went in to check on my room. It looks AWESOME! I teach in a super low income, high poverty school and we got new Smartboards, bulletin boards, and white boards all of which I didn't really have last year! My kids are going to freak out! I can't wait until it is officially done and I can go in there and make it look PERFECT! 3 weeks til school starts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Good luck on Sunday, Court!  Is it your first Tri?

My AW is that I did the Tri for a Cure yesterday- it's an all-women's triathlon with proceeds going towards the Maine Cancer Foundation; the swim is at a lighthouse, run goes by a second, and bike is along the ocean.  It was my first one, and I was so worried about the run since my ITB band might be strained- it's been freaking out every time I run 1.5 miles or more.  BUT, not only did I finish the whole thing in 1:43, the 5K run portion was a personal record!  I'm so excited that I did it, and still felt pretty awesome by the end :-)

I was supposed to have a massage tonight but the masseuse had to go to the doc's, so it got pushed back to tomorrow :-(

SECOND AW!  I'm going to visit my FI on Wednesday and going to the Olympics, yay!
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is my first and is also an all womens race. It's an Irongirl event, in case you care to look them up. Congrats on your finish time. I can only hope mine is that good! How long was each leg of the race? Have fun at the Olympics. I'll be jealous!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:37f8aa12-8303-4bf9-861d-281452dcc95aPost:4a3d06fb-6a68-4d8f-8aed-07c0213f86e5">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is my first and is also an all womens race. It's an Irongirl event, in case you care to look them up. Congrats on your finish time. I can only hope mine is that good! How long was each leg of the race? Have fun at the Olympics. I'll be jealous!
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

1/3 mile swim, 14.6 mile bike and a 5K run :-)  Somewhat similar! Good luck and kick butt!
  • Options
    wow congrats ladies on your tri's. My AW is that we leave for Vegas on Friday, so I wont be around much next week, I will have lots of catching up to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My FI and I just took our engagement photos today. I am really psychd to see what they look like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had a day off in 8 days.

• Options
    FI and I went to the Rascal Flatts concert Friday and had a great time. He danced with me to our song. It was so sweet!
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Well I was so excited to come back home and post my AW, and then I read about all your triathlons and now mine just sounds so stupid.  Don't laugh guys.  My AW is that today I ran 3.1 miles without stopping!  I'm a horrible athlete and really out of shape, but I've always secretly wanted to run a 5K (and also do a triathlon, but that's a pretty distant goal right now).  But I've never actually ran 3.1 miles so I never really believed I could do a 5K until now!  When I crossed that line I was so pumped!  Now I just need to find a 5K to run in (there's so many around Philly) and keep training.  As a reward and also as a way to make myself feel better since I was dying when I got home, I made myself these Eggo pumpkin spice waffles that I bought at the store today.  Maybe not the healthiest snack, but my favorite food on earth is anything made with pumpkin so now I'm the happiest girl on earth!

To everyone who is doing/just did a tri, congrats ladies!  I wish I was able to do that!  You girls are really strong!
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:37f8aa12-8303-4bf9-861d-281452dcc95aPost:9ee2b2c1-1d3a-43f3-9ed5-6d9c949eaec3">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I was so excited to come back home and post my AW, and then I read about all your triathlons and now mine just sounds so stupid.  Don't laugh guys.  My AW is that today I ran 3.1 miles without stopping!  I'm a horrible athlete and really out of shape, but I've always secretly wanted to run a 5K (and also do a triathlon, but that's a pretty distant goal right now).  But I've never actually ran 3.1 miles so I never really believed I could do a 5K until now!  When I crossed that line I was so pumped!  Now I just need to find a 5K to run in (there's so many around Philly) and keep training.  As a reward and also as a way to make myself feel better since I was dying when I got home, I made myself these Eggo pumpkin spice waffles that I bought at the store today.  Maybe not the healthiest snack, but my favorite food on earth is anything made with pumpkin so now I'm the happiest girl on earth! To everyone who is doing/just did a tri, congrats ladies!  I wish I was able to do that!  You girls are really strong!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]

<div>YUM, make me pumpkin spice waffles!</div><div>
    </div><div>And congratulations on your run- that IS huge! I used to dance, then was lazy, and just started running two years ago.  I would be excited to run a mile, then two miles, then the full 5K distance, it feels awesome! Definitely set goals/races to keep yourself motivated, I've found that to be a huge help :-)</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I'm lost, what does AW stand for? This is my first Monday posting on the board!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited July 2012
    AW = Attention Wh0re. We basically just take a minute on Mondays to brag a little about something (wedding or non-wedding stuff).

And with that...mine is that I made a kick-a$$ meal last night when the future in-laws came over for dinner. Teriyaki pork and veggie kebabs on the grill with a side of brown rice, yeah!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_aw-monday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:37f8aa12-8303-4bf9-861d-281452dcc95aPost:9ee2b2c1-1d3a-43f3-9ed5-6d9c949eaec3">Re: AW Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I was so excited to come back home and post my AW, and then I read about all your triathlons and now mine just sounds so stupid.  Don't laugh guys.  My AW is that today I ran 3.1 miles without stopping!  I'm a horrible athlete and really out of shape, but I've always secretly wanted to run a 5K (and also do a triathlon, but that's a pretty distant goal right now).  But I've never actually ran 3.1 miles so I never really believed I could do a 5K until now!  When I crossed that line I was so pumped!  Now I just need to find a 5K to run in (there's so many around Philly) and keep training.  As a reward and also as a way to make myself feel better since I was dying when I got home, I made myself these Eggo pumpkin spice waffles that I bought at the store today.  Maybe not the healthiest snack, but my favorite food on earth is anything made with pumpkin so now I'm the happiest girl on earth! To everyone who is doing/just did a tri, congrats ladies!  I wish I was able to do that!  You girls are really strong!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]

<div>That's awesome! Most mornings when I go out running I don't run a 5k distance (and by most I mean never). My race adrenaline pushes me along usually. Sign up for races to stay motivated. It's the best thing you can do!</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Thanks, Emily!  Allie, I LOVE your AW moment. Not nerdy at all! That is awesome. I worked in Head Start in college and it was always so nice to see the kid's faces light up when there was something new we brought them, or a new game, etc, so i'm sure your kids will love their new classroom!

And congrats on the ladies training for your races!! I ran a half marathon last year and I NEED to get motivated to run a full. I love running so much but I had surgery on my foot right after the race and I kind of fell off the wagon after that, then got into it again, but got super busy with work, etc, and now add wedding planning to that! I know, excuses, excuses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We got our save the dates today!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards