June 2013 Weddings
Options

Flower questions need some help!

I have a few questions.... I am just starting to look into my flowers. I want real flowers but my family gets headaches from the ones that have a lot of pollen (basically easter flowers are the worst). I am trying to figure out what flowers would look good and not give every one headaches. Our colors are royal blue, silver and white.

My other question is, I dont really want my flower girl to carry a basket with flowers. What other options are there?
Photobucket

Re: Flower questions need some help!

• Options
    A lot of florists will de-pollinate flowers if you ask them too. I told my florist that I loved lillies, but that sometimes they were too strong for my allergies, and she said that they take the pollen out before they put them in bouquets and centerpieces, She also said to still stay away from the white lillies though. 

Irises are a bluish, and don't smell too strong. Tulips and peonies also come in a lot of colors and aren't too strong smelling. Snowballs (hydrangeas) come in blue and white, and those really don't have a strong scent/pollen either. I'm sure your florist will have other ideas as well.

For the flowergirl, I have seen ones that hold a sign that says "here comes the bride," maybe like, ribbons of some kind. Sorry I'm not much more help on this topic.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    Ditto rmp on the pollen issues. Ask your florist.

For the flower girl:
    A Bible or other holy book or prayer book
    A rosary

A ribbon wand:

A sign: 
  • Options
    I was thinking for our flower girl to carry a flower pomander, since we have thrown petals on the church floor.  Or making one out of fake flowers.
  • Options
    Well I'm using fake flowers so I'm not really good on the real flower things, but I like the other girl's ideas and orchids aren't strong smelling to me, and they come in nice colors. I like the idea of a flower girl flower pomander too. I think that might be what we're using depending on whether she feels like tossing flowers lol. 

• Options
    Thanks ladies great Ideas! I went to talk to our florist last time I was home and I had to set up an appointment in order to talk to them so I kinda wanted to get some ideas. I probably wont be ablt to get an appointment until october or november since that will be the last time i'm home! And i was looking into the pomander as well! I just wasnt sure how much it would cost. I was also thinking about having her carry the same flowers as me just in mini form. We aren't allowed to have them toss rose petals. So thats why I am looking for alternatives!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My flower girl will wear a wreath of rose buds on her head. She is only 3 and I don't want her to carry a basket or toss petals because there will already be petals along the edges of the aisle.

I do like the idea of a ribbon wand too... I've never heard of that before until I read this post. Great idea! Thanks :)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards