June 2013 Weddings
Options

Nerdy Wedding vows

Dan and I are a very nerdy couple and I REALLY want to incorporate that in our wedding. Our officiant is starting off with a zombie themed reading that I found on a Geek Wedding Site, and we are writing our vows. I just want to get some input on my first draft. I figured I would start here and skip the Vows board all together.

I, Theresa ---- , take you, Daniel ---- to be my lawfully wedded husband and my time travel partner when Marty McFly shows up with in Delorean, which he will. For richer, for poorer, for better or worse, when you go crazy over your project car, and when you put up with my love for Gears Of War. When we argue over the most ridiculous things like what episode of Mythbusters to watch or when I can’t accept defeat during videogames games even though you so cheat, for when we stay awesome and the extremely rare occasion when we forget to be awesome, I promise to always love you because you’re the Dom to my Maria.

Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nerdy Wedding vows

• Options
    Ah man! I am so jealous. I am with you on the nerdy thing. When I brought up to my FI that our cake baker could make a Portal themed cake and he ban hammered that one pretty quick. I even wanted to have Munchkin cards at each table during the reception and he said no. My FI is very nerdy but also traditional.

I wish you luck with a nerd type gathering. I'm gonna research more pathfinder character builds now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is your FI also in on this? If you both have nerdy vows it would be very cute. If only one of you did and the others were more traditional, it might seem weird. If this is an incorporation of your relationship, then I say go for it. I'm all about personalizing weddings. I hate overly cookie cutter weddings. If you can't put a little bit of yourselves into a wedding and you just go straight up cookie cutter, than I feel like it's not as special or loving. That's just me though. I don't want my love to look bland and like everyone elses. Go for it.

And it's probably good you skipped the Vows board. Other boards have a tendency to be blunth, harsh and sometimes down right mean. They'd probably give you hell for this. I say do what makes you happy. Those vows are adorable and if they're meaningful to the two of you then that's all that matters. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think the vows are super cute, especially if they represent how you and your FI are! So I say go for it, and you'll have to update us on what his vows were after the wedding. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_nerdy-wedding-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:4794edd7-f7c2-4aed-a422-437bd8903eccPost:5ec7697e-d9b8-4c80-bc8b-f69c2e04aa4b">Re: Nerdy Wedding vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah man! I am so jealous. I am with you on the nerdy thing. When I brought up to my FI that our cake baker could make a Portal themed cake and he ban hammered that one pretty quick. I even wanted to have Munchkin cards at each table during the reception and he said no. My FI is very nerdy but also traditional. I wish you luck with a nerd type gathering. I'm gonna research more pathfinder character builds now.
    Posted by katiereith[/QUOTE]

We had been talking about having our cake done as a companion cube, but it won't really go with the colors so we had to pass on it. I'm having one made for his birthday though.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha!! I LOVE it! I'm a complete nerd myself. Total gamer and I read comic books lol. My FI is nerdy but in a completely different way. So we could never pull this off. Companion cube!!! ; I'm with Courtney, personalized weddings seem special and different. Plus if you two are "nerdy" I'm sure your friends are too or love that you are.
  • Options
    Love them!! I'm with cnf, I'm all for any way you can make your wedding your own. Your vows are adorable and unique and will make for an awesome memory for you and your guests.
  • Options
    Have you checked out offbeatbride.com? There are a lot of good ideas on there. FI and I are both nerds, but not about the same things.  :(

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Although I don't really know half the things you were talking about in them I think your vows are super cute and if your FI is on the same page with incorporating your nerdiness then I say go for it. It shows who you really are and it will be really special. I don't know what a companion cake is either, sorry!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I thought this was awesome! Your vow is so unique. I loved reading it and I can only imagine how your family and friends will react when they hear it. 
    imageimage
    August Sig 2012 ? FI and I Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Chris ? Louisa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards