June 2013 Weddings
Options

Hostess gifts

My best friend/MOH is hosting a pool party/engagement party for us in a few weeks, I'm struggling with unique ideas for a hostess gift.  Anyone have any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hostess gifts

• Options
    Try to think of something you would get her for her birthday, that way you know she'll like it. Or, since it seems like she is hosting it at her house, get her a type of gift that she could use when she hosts. Like, I had a friend who got the host of her e-party one of those glass drink server things. (Think the gatorade containers with the spout that you see at sport events but all glass and fancy, more like a table top thing, beautiful.) And she got her a cute pop up picnic basket. Go to a store that sells home goods and think of what you might like to have if you were hosting a party.

Or there's always a gift card, like to a spa, or her favorite store, if you really can't think of something.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_hostess-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:4b57da24-9822-4fab-9ca5-0f82e105b20aPost:94ea377e-e767-467a-856c-6e9ba97029f9">Re: Hostess gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try to think of something you would get her for her birthday, that way you know she'll like it. Or, since it seems like she is hosting it at her house, get her a type of gift that she could use when she hosts. Like, I had a friend who got the host of her e-party one of those glass drink server things. (Think the gatorade containers with the spout that you see at sport events but all glass and fancy, more like a table top thing, beautiful.) And she got her a cute pop up picnic basket. Go to a store that sells home goods and think of what you might like to have if you were hosting a party. Or there's always a gift card, like to a spa, or her favorite store, if you really can't think of something.
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]

<div>I second this.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bring something.

• Options
    A couple ideas I can think of:

-a gift card to her fave restaurant
    -a gift card for a day at the spa or a couple services.
    -Flowers
    -Entertaining things such as - Platters, dishes, or a pp mentioned the drink stand
    -A tabletop fire bowl (those are popular around here, affordable and cool)
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  Awesome ideas!  I struggle with the "like it's her birthday", because after being friends for 25 years, we haven't done gifts for each other in years, we just take turns buying lunch/dinner.  I love the idea of something entertainment related!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about a nice bottle of wine? I think it always goes to use if you can't think of anything else to get. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards