June 2013 Weddings
Options

Props for E-Pictures

So because we are sending out STD with our engagement pictures, I am trying to think of some cute props to "show" our date.  My first thought was a chalkboard with the date written on it.  Especially since I am a teacher and all!  I've also seen using bunting (is that the word I'm looking for??) with the date.  My photographer (good friend) also had an idea of writing them on golf balls, but I am not sure how that would work...

Are any of you "showing" your date in your engagement pictures??
June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Props for E-Pictures

• Options
    I didn't, but would have loved to! I love the chalkboard idea, I'm a teacher too :) You could also do like a wood carving, like as if you were carving it in a tree. Or check out your local craft store: maybe they have a heart shape object you could write it on. What grade do you teach? If you teach little kids, you could do it like arts-and-casfts-y, like cut it into paper (Like those things that you spread out and they are little shapes all connected, does that make sense?)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options

I know exactly what you mean!  I teach 5th grade, but I am definitely leaning towards the chalkboard idea...might have to make a trip to Goodwill and see if I can find a cheap frame!

June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options
    bar10521bar10521 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We've decided not to do e-pics but one idea I liked was using scrabble tiles to spell out save our date and using my ring for the o. There was also a picture I saw that spelled out the date using the scrabble tiles. This is a picture of what I was thinking. http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/picture/430026 

The chalkboard is also a great idea especially since you're a teacher!
  • Options

The chalkboard would be really cute!!

We did a date prop for our engagement pictures and I loved the way it turned out.

Here's a link to a picture of it: http://www.sweetcountrycharm.com/p25480342/e257e9a40

I used wood letters from Hobby Lobby, painted them to match one of our colors, and attached screw eye pins (tiny metal loops with screws on the end) so that I could sew it on to a ribbon. I plan on removing the "Save the Date" part from the ribbon and then hanging just the part with "6.22.2013" somewhere around our venue for the actual wedding.

• Options

Here is the sign that FI and I made. This is right after we've finished up the rough draft so to speak, we've cleaned it up a bit but I don't have a more recent picture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great ideas ladies!!  I think I'm going with the chalkboard idea.  Then we can write another fun message on it for our reception!
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options
    I have seen TONS of dif ways.  If your a teacher the chalkboard would be cute! 

Football jerseys is what we are doing...

I have also seen it written on the bottom of shoes, in the sand, baseballs...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Soooo over my mom's lunch break, she went with me to Goodwill.  I found an old frame and had a neighbor cut me some plywood to fit!  It's primed right now in the backyard...I'm ready to paint!
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options
    the chalkboard idea is super cute since you are a teacher :) we used wooden letters painted in our wedding colors and a canvas that had our wedding date on it. the canvas cost about $15 or so to make and its now hanging in our house and will be used at the wedding as well :) we also encorporated a football and cookies because those items were personal to us! just pick some things like that and they will be beautiful!

Our pictures are below if you want to take a peak and also, our rings are VERY similiar! Your future hubby has great taste :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3207196431261.2118584.1606680150&type=3&l=0ca0f0e8b8
  • Options
    Katie just looked at your pics they came out great! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    Katie--your pictures are AWESOME!  You both looked so happy...love it!  Also, I am a HUGE Packers fan.  Good choice of jersey :)
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
  • Options

Katie, love your pictures! You guys are so cute together! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We live on a farm do we are using irrigation tubes and writing save the date on 3 separate tubes and underneath 6 22 13. Written. In chalk. I'll post pictures when we get them done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aww, thanks ladies! pinterest provided lots of ideas... so addicting :)
  • Options
    I agree that the chalkboard idea will be super cute being that you are a teacher.

Fi is a firefighter so we are going to take the big announcement sign they post their fundraisers and stuff on- Spell out our names and save the date with our date on there.

My dad is also a firefighter so I am going to wear dad's jacket  and FI will wear his own, facing backwards so the last names show in the picture.

Once we are married, FI is going to order another last name to put over my dad's jacket so they both say FI's last name - same picture concept for the Thank you cards.

Sorry if that was really confusing. haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards