June 2013 Weddings
Options

FI invited without me UPDATE

FI said he messaged his cousin through FB and asked if I could come to the wedding. Now I consider THAT rude. I love him to death, but he cannot handle delicate situations AT ALL.

So basically, his cousin jokingly said I could come as long as we give a big gift, and if it's a REALLY big gift, I can eat dinner, har-de-har-har. I looked up their venue (because I'm nosey) and weddings start at $150 pp. Oops.

FI also confessed that the phone call asking about addresses was a lie. He got the save-the-date yesterday and it was addressed to him and his dad. (Why would he lie about that?) I feel the right thing to do would've been to just decline and say why, then leave it up to the cousin to change his mind or not.

Cake! - June 2013
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FI invited without me UPDATE

• Options
    Rudeness on both parts. Sorry your FI wasn't terribley tactful in his approach. Does he plan to go still?
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I still wouldn't go. With the comment the cousin made it makes it sound like they don't want you there even more. It's just all the way around rude lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was a bit rude of your FI, but I feel like guys are usually completely clueless about what's ok and what's not ok to do as far as etiquette goes, so don't feel bad! So did the cousin ever give a direct yes or no, or did he just joke around the whole way? Either way I think the jokes were kind of rude and totally inappropriate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm hoping that he's just close to his cousin and felt it was okay. I know if one of my close cousins did this, I would have a smackdown.

FI said that his cousin said it was an oversight and wasn't intentional. I don't know why he felt the need to lie about what he said before, about them not knowing me well enough. I guess I'm more concerned about him lying about stuff than anything. I don't even know if the oversight thing is true either. Ugh...

We are going.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As rude as it may seem, I am pretty sure he had good intentions and wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, more trying to protect them. Although it clearly failed. I wouldn't take it to personally. However is cousin you should be pretty peeved at. It became more rude when they started to joke around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards