June 2013 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon :(

FI expresses no interest in going on a honeymoon. None whatsoever. Money is completely not an issue. I know this because I balance his checkbook. He claims that going on a honeymoon is "overated"...seriously? umm no it isn't. And he gets mad when talk to him about it and try to figure out why he doesn't want to go on one. I don't know what to do. I really want us to go on one. I thought the guy was supposed to be excited about it. Any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon :(

• Options
    Maybe instead of trying to figure out what his problem is with the HM, tell him how important it is to you. I just did a quick Google search to see if anyone had advice for you and I found this: 

Sometimes it's a matter of accepting that something is extremely important to your partner even if you don't understand it. The honeymoon is once in a lifetime. It is your one chance to escape and enjoy marital bliss away from the craziness of the real world before the stressors of life have the chance to take their toll on your marriage. This is your chance to celebrate the fresh new beginning of your relationship together, and to enjoy the euphoria that is a new marriage away from work and family obligations-- and it is a chance to recover from the stress of the wedding itself. If this is something you want, it is important to do it. He doesn't need to understand that if he can't, but he needs to understand that it is important to you and be willing to compromise accordingly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe using the word "honeymoon" sounds too formal.  Just explain that after all the stress of the wedding, and work and other such things that you really just want a vacation to get away, and well right after the wedding is the perfect excuse to just get up and go.  Emphasize that it is important to you to take a break, wedding planning is really stressful, and often the bride takes on the majority of that stress.

It's unfair for him to not tell you why he doesn't want to go on a vacation.  I hate when men do that, it's happening with my friend's man.  Just because they haven't sorted out things in their head doesn't mean girls shouldn't talk.  They try to turn it into an argument or push it aside instead of just talking like an adult.  I mean, who doesn't like vacations!  It's not about being cliche or "overated."  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    i agree.  what if you phrase it as a vacation?  what if you offer to go the week after the wedding is over instead of a day or so after the wedding?
  • Options

I don't know. I can't even talk about with him anymore. He just gets all mad and we end up fighting. We hardly ever fight and I hate it when we do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I think honeymoons are a once in a lifetime vacation. This could be the only trip you take alone ever as a married couple, depending on how early you plan to start a family. I would also phrase it to him as a vacation. I think sometimes guys think that a honeymoon is nothing but laying on the beach and spending time in the bedroom. My FI is not really a sunbather so we will look for a honeymoon spot where there is plenty of other things to do besides lay on the beach. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    give it a little time then start talking to him about places he'd like to go or things he'd like to do.  If you can make it work around that it might be easier to get his mind on it. 

Maybe he's just against the idea of the beach/island thing, it's not for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards