June 2013 Weddings
Options

2 months worth of updates...LONG

Hi Ladies,

Sorry, I've been totally MIA.  I was on lots of work trips and 3 weeks of vacation and am finally getting a chance to update.

Its no offense to you ladies, but I'm sticking on the board and not on FB because I don't have time for both and would like to keep my wedding details some level of secret. :)

The greatest news, is I got my dress!!!  Its here: http://www.bridepower.com/Liv-Harris-Aline-P5286.aspx

I didn't take pics in it. Its Ivory, not Champagne like that photo.  Its off the rack and designed for a petite (I'm 5'0")  So the dress I tried on is mine, they're going to clean it and check that the beading is all in order and all I need to do now is get the bust let out a bit (I'm little w/a big chest).  Its everything I wanted, straps  light enough to dance in and doesn't overwhelm little me! So exciting!

We've started organizing hotel blocks.  So far we've gotten some surprisingly good rates at some amazing hotels, and equal rates at some not as great hotels so we're prob going to block the nicer ones.

Save the dates were ordered on Sunday.  Still collecting addresses but since about 40% of the guest list is coming from Europe to Boston, we're going to send in August (hopefully).

I met with my florist.  Unfortunately the meeting wasn't as productive as I'd hoped because we'd just come off 2 weeks of vacation with my FIL's.  They were terrible and the trip was exhausting so I just wasn't prepared.

Last, I got to go have a look at our venue 'in season' and it was fantastic.  I really can't wait to have the wedding at the Museum of Science! :)

I've still been keeping up with what you ladies are up to in the plannig process and I will 'try' to post more often!
L

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2 months worth of updates...LONG

• Options
    LOVE that dress!!!!  I actually am about the same productivity as you, buuuuut Im holding off for tomorrow for wedding weds :-)

Are you finding that this is a good time to start looking at hotel blocks?  I have no idea if its too early or not for that.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I love your dress! Congrats on finding the one. 

Ashli, I asked my venue coordinator about hotel blocks because I was curious about the timing for that as well as cake. She said it's never too early to book vendors and that the hotels in the area block rooms for other venues as well. So I'm probably going to start calling around and block something off in the next few weeks.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That dress is beautiful! 

We booked a hotel block the same day we booked our venue.

Welcome back, by the way!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cool, thanks bar!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to say it depends on your situation and wedding location as far as whether its too early for room blocks. We just have so many OOT guests and wanted them available when we send STDs and set up our wedding website.

Since we're also planning from a distance we needed to take the opportunity to check out some of the hotels while we could.  It also seems the earlier you start in some cases, the better rates you get.

Also, we are getting married on June 1st  which means its still graduation time for alot of the universities in Boston/Cambridge so hotels are going to be expensive, but at least there will be hotel rooms. ;)

Oh yeah, and thanks ladies--I'm really happy with the dress and that it will require so little tailoring.  I really wanted lace but it all was just a bit too heavy and overwhelming for someone so small so this was a great compromise. :)

@ashlie--I will come up with something else for wedding wednesday too, which I haven't mentioned yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the museum of science! My family has been members there since I was little (my dad still keeps the membership). It holds a special place in my heart! Congrats on all of the planning. I booked my hotel block right after my venue because it's on of 3 in the area. Two were reasonably priced and one was outrageous for a not so great hotel.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love your dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards