June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

How's it going gals??
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Our invitations are in! I've hand delivered to most of our VIPs at this point and they've ecstatically filled them out on the spot and handed them right back, so that's exciting. The last few VIP's will get theirs this weekend or in two weeks when I'm back in Syracuse again. The rest will go out in the mail the first week of March. So that's exciting. 

At this point I have a lot to do and some of it falls on other peoples shoulders, which makes me anxious. Like my mom is buying the last of our silks but she's waiting for them to go on sale. And has been waiting for like a month. So yeah. 

I also go the floor plan from my coordinator, so as rsvps start to roll in I can start to label place cards and figure out our seating chart. 

I have nothing going on as far as I know for now. I'm in DC for business all week. Hopefully I can get back into the planning mind set next week. I kind of have to now that I have less than four months left. Eek!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We received the printed portion of our invitations this week!  Just waiting for the pocket folds and outer envelopes to come (ordered last Sunday and I'm feeling very impatient to receive them!) and then I'll go out and get the sealing wax and ribbon I'm going to use to seal the pocket fold.

We sat down with FILs to talk rehearsal dinner and FFIL has decided restaurants are too expensive so he wants to go to a BBQ place I absolutely HATE and get some take out trays and then rent FIs lodge hall.  I'm totally okay with renting the lodge hall and doing something like that I just really don't want food from the place he's talked about getting from.  And I know there's other people on my side that won't be able to eat anything if he goes there because of the BBQ sauce.  Sigh, I know I don't really have a say in the food or guest list (that's a whole different complaint) since we're not paying and it's really frustrating.  I've told FI we should just forgo the "formal" rehearsal dinner that his parents plan to pay for and then we could just get a bunch of pizzas or something but that's not an option in his parents eyes.

I'm working on tweaking the wedding day schedule based on my hair trial, etc. and FI is still working on his wedding projects for the wedding party.  2 of my 3 BMs have selected and paid the deposit on their dresses!  I gave them a color and told them to find what looked good on them and they chose the same dress!!!  I'm so excited because I really do love the thought of having them in the same dress but because they're such different sizes I assumed it wasn't that feasible.  Now, if I could just get my MOH on board...but she's opting to make her own dress.  I hope she has one by the wedding  Tongue Out

We're still kind of stuck at this point with doing the rest since we're still low on money.  But we're going to see the tax man tonight so hopefully I'll know what the returns will be by this weekend!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had dinner with our Priest on Friday to go over the ceremony, choose our readings and who will be reading them, etc.  We are writing our own prayer of the faithful so I'm working on that now.

My mom found her shoes and I found gifts for 5 of the 7 bridesmaids.  I also ordered our favors today and am anxiously awaiting our invitation proof!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We decided on our rehearsal dinner, bbq at my moms house!
    I booked our DJ to do our outdoor ceremony as well. 
    I am also purchasing our cake topper and my hair piece this week.
    And going to Hobby Lobby, Joanns to start looking at flowers for centerpieces
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have so uch to do, and I feel like i have no time left.

The DJ and florist are done. We have picked out our dinner for the evening. (Tomato basil soup, house salad, grilled herb chicken, asparagus, potatoes) 

The hotel blocking is a clusterfluck. The girl I spoke with in November left the company on bad terms. She made it near impossible for the new hire to figure anything out. She destroyed many contracts and paperwork. (And mine was one of them) So the hotel has no record of my hotel blocks and the discount was agreed on. 

This weekend I plan on printing out my invitations and assembling them. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    Sorry it's a kind of venting today too lol.

Well we're still waiting on our invitations from our guy. They were supposed to be in the week before last or early last week, but now they won't be in till Friday, because they had questions for him, because he apparently didn't fill the order form out right. I just hope that when they come in that they're right... Ugh.

My ring is having issues again... Another diamond fell out. FI has asked the store what they can do for us so the manager had to speak to her district manager and hopefully she'll be calling at some point this week. FI wants to get a full refund and take our business somewhere else, because we don't necessarily believe in the quality of their products anymore and as nice as they have been it's a fairly long drive for us anyways and another jewelry place we're looking at is closer and they have a jeweler near by where as right now I wait two weeks for anything to be done. We're going in a completely different direction for my next ring. If they don't give us a refund we're going to have to do the trade in policy, which means we'd have to spend twice as much as we did before and in that case we'll have to take out a loan right now, because money's a little tight because of paying for my schooling. Bleh...

On a happier note my FI's best man got engaged not too long ago, and we're hoping to have them over for dinner on Saturday night. 
  • The only thing we got done this week was that our invitations came in yesterday!  I've been looking at accessories and shoes online to get some ideas but nothing has been purchased.  Which is where we will stand for most of February and March, until crazy season ends at work.
  • Florist delivered my centerpiece sample on Saturday. It's gorgeous!! Exactly what I was hoping for and I'm really excited!

We had a cake tasting yesterday, which was okay. The cake was good but a little simpler than what I've been hoping for. The price quote was great though... We have another tasting on Friday and another next Monday as well. We are hoping that one of these places will be the perfect balance of taste satisfaction and budget friendly. We shall see...

We went to pick up FI's suit at Brooks Brothers but had to leave it because they didn't complete all the alterations that were noted on the customer card. Strange... so we'll go back next week. 

Tonight we have a meeting with our cantor to discuss officiating the ceremony. Not sure if we will go with him or the rabbi we met with (and really liked) a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to getting this settled. 

In the mean time, I'm just waiting for a new coupon to be released by the website I'm going to order my invitations from... supposed to be out on the 10th. Once that happens I will be ordering my invitations. I am super excited about this!!

Anniversary
  • I'm curious, what are you doing for your bridesmaid gifts?  I am debating if I want to do gifts that are all the same or different for each girl.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6456d92e-a3b7-40c7-9a1b-605eae511335Post:def8adf5-89bc-40da-8b40-3e3fdc8af4d7">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had dinner with our Priest on Friday to go over the ceremony, choose our readings and who will be reading them, etc.  We are writing our own prayer of the faithful so I'm working on that now. My mom found her shoes and I found gifts for 5 of the 7 bridesmaids.  I also ordered our favors today and am anxiously awaiting our invitation proof!
    Posted by lexi913[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6456d92e-a3b7-40c7-9a1b-605eae511335Post:c6112972-602f-4fd8-b36f-47aec7b9ef0a">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm curious, what are you doing for your bridesmaid gifts?  I am debating if I want to do gifts that are all the same or different for each girl. In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday :
    Posted by msw216[/QUOTE]

<div>Part of the gift is jewerly that they can wear at the wedding but instead of doing matching sets that aren't their style, I'm getting them all different things that they will actually wear after the wedding...one of the flasher girls is getting a larger statment neckalce, another is getting a cuff braclet, etc....all stuff that I would have picked out for them had it been their birthday.  I think I will probably also get them all cute flip flops or sandles to wear at the reception and two days before the wedding my nail salon is staying open after hours for us so I will treat the girls to a mani/pedi and bring champagne, snacks, etc to the salon for a fun girls night.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:6456d92e-a3b7-40c7-9a1b-605eae511335Post:f663613d-128a-4b8f-a57f-50bb6a3f3616">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday : Part of the gift is jewerly that they can wear at the wedding but instead of doing matching sets that aren't their style, I'm getting them all different things that they will actually wear after the wedding...one of the flasher girls is getting a larger statment neckalce, another is getting a cuff braclet, etc....all stuff that I would have picked out for them had it been their birthday.  I think I will probably also get them all cute flip flops or sandles to wear at the reception and two days before the wedding my nail salon is staying open after hours for us so I will treat the girls to a mani/pedi and bring champagne, snacks, etc to the salon for a fun girls night.
    Posted by lexi913[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds great! </div>

Anniversary
  • Main task completed this week was my bridesmaids found/purchased their dresses on Sunday!  3 of them picked one style and 2 picked a different and they look great together.  There was a 3rd dress we all loved too, so they convinced me to get it for the rehearsal dinner, haha; so I have a rehearsal dinner dress :) 

FI mom brought up hosting the rehearsal dinner, so that was nice since we weren't sure if she would be doing that.  So we are on the hunt for a place.

I have a rough draft of our invitations; just need to proof and whatnot and make final touches so those are ready to print soon.

This weekend I'm going home where my mom has two dresses she wants to show me; and I think I found my weding shoes but I want to try them on first so thats on the list of things to do; and I can go pick up my veil and jewelry!  Just wish my dress came it too!!  But still waiting (not suppossed to be in until April, but hoping for earlier).

Other than that, I need to make a cake tasting appointment and a I need to reschedule flower appointment (hoping to bring FMIL so we can scope out rehearsal dinner locations too). 

Happy Planning-- Today is my 4 month mark, yay!

Anniversary
  • edited February 2013
    It's a planning frenzy over here! Wednesday we picked the tuxes, tonight we're going to look at hotels, tomorrow morning we have our cake tasting, and Sunday I'm going to this enormous fabric warehouse to hopefully find the perfect fabric for our table runners! (I'm hoping to match jcrew's dusty shale) Then NEXT weekend we meet with our pastor for the first time (and once we settle on a ceremony time, I can order our invites!) and then I get to go try on my dress!!! Craaaaazy exciting times :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards