June 2013 Weddings
Options

Reception venues - thanks for the advice!

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice you all gave me before in regards to my meetings with reception venues which happened today! We had 3 meetings and I went with my mom, sister, FMIL, and FSIL. We had such a good time and you all were right about the "feeling" of a place. The 3 places were all so different, but one really stood out to us as the best. Not only was the space beautiful, but the lady who runs it is wonderful. She had a lot of great ideas too, like with my colors and to save money on reception decor. The other 2 places were not as pretty and the people did not give me a good vibe, especially at the last place we went to. Now we just have to confirm that we can afford it (we're finalizing our budget right now), decide if we want it on that Friday or Saturday, then send in a deposit! So, thanks again for the help!
~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Reception venues - thanks for the advice!

• Options
    That's wonderful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    That is great! I'm impatiently awaiting to book the venue I want. I have to wait until April to book it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm so glad you had a connection with one of the venues!  Which two dates are you looking at?
  • Options
    Yay! I'm glad it went well. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_reception-venues-thanks-for-the-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:66e1a94c-66e9-40c0-ace1-ce19663d4226Post:2bea9b48-f02f-432b-b622-c14c732d493b">Re: Reception venues - thanks for the advice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad you had a connection with one of the venues!  Which two dates are you looking at?
    Posted by steph4nu[/QUOTE]

We're looking at the weekend after the 4th of July - Friday the 5th or Saturday the 6th.  It might be kind of fun to have the rehearsal and dinner on the 4th and have a bbq with fireworks after and we've realized that Fridays are SO much cheaper.  A lot of people might already have the 5th off, so it could be easier on all our OOT guests.  We'll have a lot because my entire half of the guest list will be traveling.  That's originally why I wanted a Saturday, so people wouldn't have to take a day off to travel here.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haha!  I just have to add that I convinced FI of my favorite reception site (all of us girls that went loved it) because when we book there, we get a free couple's membership to the golf course there!  Yes!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards